Assist with design, development and testing of manual operational controls and IT application controls by collaborating with control owners and DE Internal Controls on design and operating effectiveness.
- Conduct business process reviews with individual Business Process Owners.
- Document and Map control processes within OPS.
- Assess business change impacting Operations for risk identification and associated controls.
- Monitor and facilitate successful operating owner control assertions.
- A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Information Systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of system implementations and SDLC gates preferred.
- The ability to create spreadsheets, perform basic calculations, and manipulate data in Microsoft Excel is required.
- Energy industry knowledge preferred with specific Operations experience a plus.
- Strong foundation and understanding of business processes.
- Ability to review process maps/documentation, identify and assess risks, identify & evaluate controls, write test plans, gaps, weaknesses in organization’s business processes, and suggest remediation recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and to give attention to detail, while maintaining timelines.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to work well with people.
- Analyze control failures and prepare remediation plans:
- Assist with the identification of compensating/mitigating controls in the organization.
- Design and conduct effective self-tests for each key control.
- Participate in the control remediation and improvement process with Business Process Owners.
- Work with DE Controls and Business Process Owners to support and monitor effective and timely resolution of control deficiencies.
- Facilitate data collection and tracking activity around Audits and Business Continuity.
- Works directly with Operations process and control owners, management, DE Internal Controls, DE Compliance and DE Audit as well as external auditors as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability