This role is based in our Staines office
- Deliver a product and proposition portfolio that delights, retains and grows our customer base through effective product management and the delivery of new propositions
- Manage the product portfolio to maximise value across the current and potential UKH customer base, deliver against business plan targets ensuring propositions maximise retention, cross-sales and up-sales opportunities
- Lead the design, development and launch of engaging, innovative and commercially successful products and propositions across our chosen sectors. Lead cross functional teams across UKH, CO, FO and CH to deliver effective launches to our chosen customers
- Support the Heads of CP&P in owning the P&L on behalf of UK Home, to deliver performance outcomes in line with agreed 3 year and 12 month plans – specifically, revenue, contribution, and earnings
- Support the development of strategy and performance targets across UK-Home and CO functions. Specify and agree the service levels and costs of services with Customer Operations and Field Operations
- Work with UKH sales, CO and FO to drive volume growth through existing sales channels and new routes to market. Continuously scan for new market opportunities which will emerge through technical, customer or industry changes
- Reduce churn and manage retention, create robust strategies and plans by collaborating with and delivering through CO and FO colleagues. Leverage insight to understand customer and market, both in terms of BG products and wider customer needs
- Lead the definition, design and launch of new propositions (product, service, channel, experience, price, brand) to attract, grow and retain valuable UK residential customers
- Actively manage propositions through the stage-gate process, developing and recommending progress through insight generation, concept development, specification and build stage gates
- Lead the process to develop new products and services including pulling from other Businesses (CH, DEP, DE Home and partners). Ensure these propositions maximise retention, cross-sales and up-sales opportunities
- Experience of product management to drive customer and business value
- Experience of delivering customer pricing and proposition strategy into a services business
- A passion for understanding the customer and their needs, backed by strong analytical and problem solving skills
- In depth knowledge of the Energy, Insurance and Home Services sectors including relevant policy, regulatory and compliance frameworks, Financial Services experience
- Knowledge and experience in blue chip consumer marketing businesses, preferably operating within a regulatory environment
- Evidence of demonstrating strong external perspective to deliver new opportunities including exploitation of digital technology
- Ability to formulate and implement a strategy to deliver growth objectives (including acquisition and retention)
- Strong commercial focus and experience in managing budgets
- Experience developing product and service propositions in Energy and Financial sectors
- Understanding of all relevant legal obligations and regulations
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Product Manager R9918558’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.