Business Development Manager
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Summary of Position:
The primary objectives for the Business Development Manager are to initiate and qualify new prospects for Direct Energy Business products and services in the Greater Buffalo area, and to then make sales calls/visits to effectively move prospects to contract and customer status. Furthermore, to understand and effectively negotiate natural gas, electricity, energy solutions and demand response products and services. Maintain strong business relationships with customers and prospects identified and assigned in the market region.
5-10+ years of energy industry experience (preferably sales).
Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or engineering (MBA preferred).
General knowledge of the company’s objectives and policies.
General knowledge of Direct Energy sales procedures and systems.
Technical knowledge of natural gas, electricity, demand response and energy solutions specifications and how they relate to end-users.
This position is responsible for delivery of agreed sales targets, customer retention, new customer growth, and customer relationships for real estate, commercial, and large industrial client’s primary in the greater Buffalo area. In addition, as part of a sales team, this position will require the ability to work effectively as part of a sales team, and with other departments to effectively reach assigned goals.
- Service and maintain all active accounts.
- Development of new accounts.
- Increase profitable volume.
Develop new business:
- Prospecting and solicitation of new potential accounts in accordance with company guidelines. Successfully close new sales and maintain relationships at the highest level.
- Sell new company products and initiatives to existing and active accounts.
- Assist in determining new markets and update existing market information by organizing and supervising market surveys.
- Assist in promotional activities, trade shows and networking events.
Planning and time organization:
- Plan, direct, coordinate and manage entire sales area with direction from manager.
- Organize time and territory as required by manager to maintain maximum efficiency.
- Utilize Salesforce.com to its fullest extent to maximize time and territory efforts.
Preparation of necessary paperwork with supervision as required: expense reports, monthly reports, sales reports, customer surveys, customer correspondence and special projects as required.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability