Accounts Payable Specialist
A seasoned accounts payable subject matter expert with an in-depth knowledge of various AP ERP systems, especially Solomon, and the full Purchase-to-Pay cycle. Knowledge of rules and procedures for Canada a plus. This position will handle a high volume of invoices (2,000 per month on average)
- To monitor and mentor direct reports through effective coaching, communication and performance assessments.
- First line support for AP functions related to Airtron operations, US and Canada.
- To support in fielding vendor related queries through the management of a vendor AP hotline and maintaining professional vendor relationships.
- Coordination of the month-end process to ensure all invoices relating to the closing month, are posted accurately and on time.
- Liaison between the various departments & business units.
- Manage the urgency of the payments effectively on a daily basis.
- Resolve outstanding issues and maintain good internal and external customer relations.
- Liaison directly with external and internal auditors to provide timely accurate information and respond to any questions concerns etc.
- Build and develop strong morale within the team and encourage, recognize and reward behaviors that support the concept of excellence.
- Establish best business practice processes to contribute to the realization of cost saving processes both.
- Produce relevant AP-related KPI and metrics to drive process improvements
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, organization skills, analyzing information , vendor relationships, PC Proficiency, data entry skills, advanced accounting, math skills
- Exceptional abilities in problem solving, customer care, development of cost saving processes and account reconciliations
- Must have large AP ERP system experience: should include some or all of the following: SAP, Solomon and/or, Microsoft Dynamics
- Must have 1099 tax filing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with accountants, clients, and upper management.
- Excellent communication skills for communicating with support personnel, management, vendors etc.
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize
Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>