Asset Optimisation Contracts Manager
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We already have over 1000 customers across 3,700 sites and expect to invest heavily in new technologies and partnerships by 2020. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for an Asset Optimisation Contracts Manager based in Windsor.
You will be tasked to build and manage the enduring customer facing function of the optimisation of a portfolio of customer assets initially of around 20MW but with the potential to expand to over 200MW within the next two years. The successful candidate will co-ordinate with the client, other Distributed Energy functions and the Merchant Power Customer Assets Operations Manager in order to ensure capture the various revenue streams realised through the dispatch of customer distributed assets around the UK.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for contract and customer account management from mobilisation throughout the life of the contract.
- Responsible for developing, agreeing, operationalising and change management of the customer optimisation plan
- Responsible for maximising performance of the contract and for meeting contractual obligations
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting individual and portfolio contract performance against KPIs for HSE, quality, cost and time.
- Responsible for internally communicating contract particulars.
- Responsible for ensuring that soft optimisation specific enabling works (e.g. data collection, registration of the asset, etc.) are included within the delivery phase and information is gathered in a timely manner in liaison with the optimisation team
- Responsible for change control including fuel type, regulatory, upgrade management, etc.
- Responsible for ensuring the optimisation team have set-up the customer correctly in order for them to dispatch a portfolio of distributed customer assets to capture TRIADs, respond to capacity market warnings and to deliver any ancillary services contracts that the assets are contracted to provide.
- Responsible for ensuring direct and robust communication routes are established between the customer and the optimisation manager to ensure that dispatch patterns are communicated and to forecast fuel consumption to facilitate fuel level management.
- Responsible for ensuring that customer operations are not negatively impacted by our actions, key first point of escalation for the customer if there are operational concerns or issues
- Responsible for liaising with the Merchant Power Customer Asset Operations manager to ensure a smooth interface with the wider business for any issues that arise during the course of the contract
Candidates must have experience managing Business 2 Business service contracts ideally in an energy and/or Operation & Maintenance sector. We are also looking for the following:
- Knowledge of customer relationship management
- Knowledge of a recognised project and risk management methodology
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with both internal and external personnel at various levels of seniority
- Commercial acumen with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Assimilating key information from complicated documentation and distilling down into key deliverables
- A Knowledge of UK power markets, particularly ancillary services and the balancing market, beneficial but not essential
Competitive basic salary + car allowance / bonus / pension & a range of flexible benefits
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Asset Optimisation Contracts Manager R9916093’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.