BPO Contact Center/Procurement - Cat Mgr
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The Category Manager is expected to implement a systematic process for Strategic Sourcing and Category Management in order to drive lowest total cost of ownership while ensuring required service levels are met or exceeded. Takes primary accountability for delivering results and procurement value delivery and leading the Strategic Sourcing process for outsourced technology services and business process services.
- 6-8 years + performing category management and procurement activities for significant companies, or acting in a consulting capacity.
- Highly commercial, qualified / part qualified finance professional also considered.
- Strong understanding of credit / debt market in US, including trends
- Ability to bring insight to and something new to a group of industry experts
- Strong negotiation skills.
- A proven record of significant cost reductions in goods and services related to Direct Energy’s requirements.
- Strong internal customer influence and change management skills
- Strong project management skills.
- Good teamwork ethos.
- Knowledge and in-depth understanding of industry trends related to the acquisition of products and services in assigned commodity categories
- Bachelor’s degree (an MBA is desirable).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be financially and commercially astute.
- Strong computer skills essential, in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Manage the sourcing strategy development, requirements gathering, request for proposal, supplier selection, and contract negotiation components of the sourcing process for sourcing engagements as directed by the Category Lead, Front Office and Marketing.
- Prepare commodity profile information (spend and opportunity assessment data, current ordering processes, product changes, value analysis, current supplier performance, etc.)
- Lead contract negotiations; develop draft contracts and administer existing contractual relationships for compliance.
- Work with minimal supervision to pro-actively reduce Direct Energy’s expenditures and to achieve or exceed targeted cost reductions for assigned commodities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of relevant markets, commodities and supplier innovations to ensure delivery of best practices and value for money spent.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships at the Manager/Director level within assigned client groups and management to ensure linkage with business strategies and understand the resulting impact on expenditures.
- Participate in Procurement projects that support the deployment of automated procurement systems, tools and process improvements.
- Communicate pertinent information to Category Lead in a timely and professional manner.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability