Governance Manager - Customer Products & Propositions
- Responsible for the day to day management of the Customer Product and Propositions (CP&P) governance process to ensure that all products and propositions comply with relevant regulatory and legal requirements whilst achieving commercial objectives
- Ensure good conduct practice at all times and that the CP&P team has the required skill and knowledge to be competent in their roles
- Ensure CP&P governance is embedded across all relevant areas within the organisation through effective cross functional communication and management
- Responsible for ensuring that new and existing products and propositions treat customers fairly and comply with FCA, Ofgem, and other legal and regulatory requirements
- For all product development activity, review all briefs and key documentation submitted at each Quality Gate and provide appropriate feedback to the team
- Ensure that all potential customer and business risks have adequate mitigation and appropriate controls are in place
- Ensure appropriate audit trails of all decisions are in place and oversee the auditing of the process to ensure all key records and documentation is kept in the appropriate storage facility
- Oversee the administration of the governance process, including the pipeline and appropriate running of approval groups
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and implementing guidance and standard forms for all Product Development and Product Management governance
- Provide regular quality assurance and summary of activity reports to the Head of Governance and Director of Products & Propositions to be escalated to senior management where necessary
- Manage the implementation of the Training & Competency scheme across the CP&P team, including produce quality assurance reports to ensure staff competence
- Prepare and deliver relevant training for the CP&P team to ensure staff governance, including coach and train the CP&P team on key governance requirements
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key stakeholders involved in the process
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes relevant to our industry
- This is a key role for quality assurance, compliance and oversight in the CP&P function
- Strong knowledge of the FCA treating customers fairly compliance regime and the Energy regulatory framework, including understanding of relevant policy, regulatory and compliance frameworks
- Knowledge and experience in blue chip consumer businesses, operating in a regulated environment
- Experience in identifying and managing compliance risk effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and build relationships across functions in order to collaborate effectively to achieve common goals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to operate effectively within a constantly changing environment
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Simon.Mansfield@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Governance Manager - Customer Products & Propositions R9917722’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.
Governance Manager - Customer Products & Propositions based in Staines (TW18). Salary Circa; £55,000 - £65,000 with flex depending on experience, + bonus & excellent benefits.