As an energy supplier with a unique 200 year heritage British Gas is one of the best known names in the UK energy market. British Gas Business provides over 700,000 business customers with a modern way to buy, use and generate energy. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager to join our team.
- Location: Oxford
- Full time, permanent
You will support the activity of I&C Sales (supply and Distributed Energy & Power) across third party, direct and public sector customers by taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process and providing a professional bid writing, management and proposal support service. Working within a busy and expanding team you will be responsible for consulting with the Sales teams, Bid Team and wider British Gas Business teams to create persuasive bid and sales documentation. Your day to day duties will include:
- Build and enhance relationships with the Corporate, Partner and DE&P sales teams
- Develop relationships and understanding of the wider British Gas and Centrica Energy solutions in order to integrate these effectively within proposals
- Assist the Senior Bid Manager and Bid team with the generation of revenue via the production of high quality, customer focussed, compelling tenders and propositions, with contract values ranging from £350,000 to £700 million
- Develop a creative approach to the development, writing and presentation of bids
- Complete and submit bids (formatting, printing and despatch) to client timescale
- Attend, arrange, manage and co-ordinate customer meetings and manage action plans as appropriate
To be great in this role you’ll have excellent bid management and writing skills with the ability to write both creatively and logically to produce quality and compelling bid documents. In addition you will have:
- Strong presentational skills with the ability to influence and listen
- Experience of working in a fast moving sales environment with customer contact experience
- A self-starter, comfortable with being able to work in isolation and confident in discussing products and services
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to use industry experience to understand complicated technical information
- Work effectively as part of the team, collaborating and providing support when required
Salary: £38000-£42000 per annum plus excellent benefits package
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Bid Manager R9917738’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.