We’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar—a leading residential solar specialist in the country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for renewable energy and a greener planet. DE Solar was built to enhance sustainability, reduce the carbon footprint, and lower the reliance on fossil fuels.
- Passionate. You have a high level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism. You don't get overwhelmed easily. You are extremely keen to learn more about everything from others.
- Driven. You are looking to join a team that is passionate, engaging, and energetic about solar energy, Mother Nature, and working outside. You understand what it takes to get the job done; you are a ninja when it comes to grinding away at issues and finding a resolution.
- Flexible. You're willing to help out wherever needed and wear numerous hats in doing so. You are versatile enough to be an exceptional team player as well as an effective individual contributor.
- Fun. You're a charismatic, gregarious individual who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and enthusiastic about making the world a cleaner place for everyone.
- Install, maintain, and repair the racking, panels, and stand offs for photovoltaic solar systems.
- Install, maintain, and repair the mechanical/structural mounting of racking and modules.
- Properly flashing all roof penetrations.
- String configurations for solar arrays.
- Organize and maintain system components in warehouses, company trucks, and at job sites.
- Document completion of completed installation.
- Clean up of job site.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety.
- Have the rare opportunity to help save the planet.
- 1+ year of experience working on roofs (you must love heights).
- 3+ years of construction experience, with residential experience preferred.
- Gumption & Grit - You have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the heavy lifting.
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body.
- Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: heat, snow, rain, wind, etc).
- Willingness and capability to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Capability to lift 50 lbs of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Superb customer service skills - a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor is a MUST. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Pristine driving record (for example - no DUI within the last 5 years).
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen.
- Previous experience installing photovoltaic systems preferred.
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification preferred.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability