Sales Account Executive - ERCOT
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Strong desire to succeed
- Ideal candidate will have an established network of accounts in the electric utility
- Must possess prior experience selling consultative services with a great understanding of doing needs analysis.
- Must have a successful track record of selling and closing contracts - candidates will be required to demonstrate prior skills.
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in direct / outside sales and marketing consultative selling focused in the industrial sector.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, including establishing rapport with clients through regular contact by phone and in person.
- Must have excellent product and customer knowledge to educate customers on pricing and application of competitive advantages to meet or exceed customer needs.
- Positive professional demeanor and appearance to act as a positive representative of the company in front of clients and in the local business community, as needed.
- This position is responsible for delivery of agreed sales targets of multiple products for MDU Properties and Home Builders in Texas.
- Manage multiple accounts of established and potential customers in an assigned territory.
- Create and execute market sales activity, focused on identifying cost savings or value-generated opportunities.
- Develop specific sales strategies directed toward maximizing company objectives and goals.
- Create new business through organized prospecting and networking to increase Direct Energy market penetration.
- Identify and qualify prospects, create effective presentations, obtain needed usage information to generate proposals, prepare proposals, negotiate and close deals within an acceptable time frame, obtain authorization on contacts, exhibits, and other required documentation, and act as a liaison between operations and customers as needed. .
- Provide all information needed to ensure completion of all necessary customer agreements.
- Remain current on the competition and market conditions
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>