MDU Account Executive - ERCOT
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
The primary objectives for this role are to initiate and qualify new MDU and Home Builder prospects, make sales calls/visits, sell the entire suite of Direct Energy products, and to maintain strong business relationships with customers in ERCOT.
- Strong desire to succeed
- Ideal candidate will have an established network of accounts in the electric utility
- Must possess prior experience selling consultative services with a great understanding of doing needs analysis.
- Must have a successful track record of selling and closing contracts - candidates will be required to demonstrate prior skills.
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years of experience in direct / outside sales and marketing consultative selling focused in the industrial sector.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, including establishing rapport with clients through regular contact by phone and in person.
- Must have excellent product and customer knowledge to educate customers on pricing and application of competitive advantages to meet or exceed customer needs.
- Positive professional demeanor and appearance to act as a positive representative of the company in front of clients and in the local business community, as needed.
Ideal Candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in business, finance, engineering, marketing, management, or related field.
- Strong interpersonal communication, and negotiating skills to ensure issues are identified early and feasible solutions are developed on a timely basis.
- Ability to work and contribute as an effective team player in a fast paced sales environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing industry demands and internal and external factors.
- Strong negotiating and closing skills.
- Problem solver, offering practical thinking and approaches when applicable, providing sound analysis and judgment when making decisions and/or recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and without direct supervision.
- Detail oriented with strong organization and follow-through skills.
- Must be self directed and able to learn business and new products quickly.
- This position is responsible for delivery of agreed sales targets of multiple products for MDU Properties and Home Builders in Texas.
- Manage multiple accounts of established and potential customers in an assigned territory.
- Create and execute market sales activity, focused on identifying cost savings or value-generated opportunities.
- Develop specific sales strategies directed toward maximizing company objectives and goals.
- Create new business through organized prospecting and networking to increase Direct Energy market penetration.
- Identify and qualify prospects, create effective presentations, obtain needed usage information to generate proposals, prepare proposals, negotiate and close deals within an acceptable time frame, obtain authorization on contacts, exhibits, and other required documentation, and act as a liaison between operations and customers as needed. .
- Provide all information needed to ensure completion of all necessary customer agreements.
- Remain current on the competition and market conditions.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability