Sr. Agile PM – Scrum Master
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Digital IT team is looking for agile PM for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating scrum teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The individual may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility scrum teams using agile methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions and as a mentor/coach for scrum team to maximize team velocity and productivity.
- A minimum of 1-2 of experience in IT industry digital web projects
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Degree in Business or Information Technology desired.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Project Planning and Management – Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management – Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support – Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Process Management and Improvement – Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Team building – promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability