We’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar—a leading residential solar specialist in the country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for renewable energy and a greener planet.
- Passionate. You have a high level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism. You don't get overwhelmed easily. You are extremely keen to learn more about everything from others.
- Driven. You are looking to join a team that is passionate, engaging, and energetic about solar energy, Mother Nature, and working outside. You understand what it takes to get the job done; you are a ninja when it comes to grinding away at issues and finding a resolution.
- Flexible. You're willing to help out wherever needed and wear numerous hats in doing so. You are versatile enough to be an exceptional team player as well as an effective individual contributor.
- Fun. You're a charismatic, gregarious individual who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and enthusiastic about making the world a cleaner place for everyone.
- Communicate regularly with customers about the progress of their solar installation.
- Acquire necessary permits.
- Guide projects through any homeowners association, historic preservation, or zoning issues.
- Facilitate communication between the customer and the installation team.
- Coordinate inspections and interconnections with the customer, local jurisdiction, and the relevant utility. Ensure projects are completed within scheduled timeframes.
- Attend inspections and resolve any problems to ensure that systems pass inspections.
- Track progress through Direct Energy Solar's project management software.
- Have the rare opportunity to help save the planet.
- 2+ years of experience in residential construction/remodeling, residential project management OR a Journeyman License (any trade) with 4+ years residential experience.
- Superb customer service skills - a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor is a MUST. Strong computer skills and detailed knowledge of Windows 7 and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Impeccable time-management skills are a must in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work well within the team.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body.
- Ability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Pristine driving record (for example - no DUI within the last 5 years).
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen.
- Previous experience installing photovoltaic systems preferred.
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification preferred.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability