We’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar—the leading residential solar specialist in the country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for renewable energy and a greener planet.
- Passionate. You have a high level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism. You don't get overwhelmed easily. You are extremely keen to learn more about everything from others.
- Driven. You are looking to join a team that is passionate, engaging, and energetic about solar energy, Mother Nature, and electricity. You understand what it takes to get the job done; you are a ninja when it comes to grinding away at issues and finding a resolution.
- Flexible. You're willing to help out wherever needed and wear numerous hats in doing so. You are versatile enough to be an exceptional team player as well as an effective individual contributor.
- Fun. You're a charismatic, gregarious individual who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and enthusiastic about making the world a cleaner place for everyone.
- Install of electrical service equipment, wiring, and devices required for the installation of residential and light commercial solar PV systems.
- Lead the installation of electrical systems that interconnect our solar array to the grid power of our customer’s residential property.
- Ensure electrical work performed electricians is pristine workmanship and compliant with the current National Electrical Code as well as other relevant local codes.
- Act as on-site supervisor for electrical teams and provide regular reports of team activities to electrical managers.
- Troubleshoot system problems and resolving electrical issues.
- Work with Operations Manager and home owners to fulfill any necessary system upgrades/repairs to support our solar equipment.
- Work with local inspectors to meet and satisfy local requirements and expectations.
- Interface with the Electrical Manager to ensure compliance with ratios and continuing education requirements.
- Train, mentor and develop apprentices.
- Love heights and the idea of working on rooftops with proper safety apparatus. Also love to crawl into small confined spaces such as attics.
- Work independently with minimum supervision in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Receive ongoing training from Master Electricians.
- Not be required to have any prior solar experience.
- Have the rare opportunity to help save the planet.
- Current Massachusetts Electrician Journeyman license REQUIRED.
- Complete understanding of the NEC code book or plan to attend classes with the intention of gaining these skills.
- Ability to calculate total load amperage ratings, wattages, KW & KVA sizes.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact positively in a team environment.
- Comfortable working in confined spaces such as attics.
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body.
- Capability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: heat, snow, rain, wind, etc).
- Willingness and capability to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Capable to lift 50 lbs of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Superb customer service skills - a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor is a MUST
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Pristine driving record (for example - no DUI within the last 5 years).
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability