Solar Sales Representative
We’re Direct Energy (DE) Solar—the leading residential solar specialist in the country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for renewable energy and a greener planet.
DE Solar was built to enhance sustainability, reduce the carbon footprint, and lower the reliance on fossil fuels. Within six years we’ve grown to 350 employees and completed more than 3,000 installations across 12 states. With rapid growth and expansion slated for 2016, a career at DE Solar offers immense opportunities for you to make a tremendous impact.
This is a full-time position with Direct Energy Solar. As such, the role has a competitive base salary, commission program linked to performance, health care benefits, and the ability to advance quickly in a rapidly growing company.
Solar Sales Representatives are required to generate their own leads, attend community lead sourcing events, penetrate corporate partnerships for referrals and generate referring partners. This position offers you the freedom to manage your own schedule and to earn a base salary, monthly bonuses and monthly commissions with no cap. Solar Sales Representatives are provided with a laptop computer, cell phone, marketing supplies and a monthly marketing budget.
- In-home/office sales of residential and light commercial solar systems: calling warm prospects generated from the company or self, scheduling and attending customer home visits to make the sale, following up on sales visits, and closing sales
- Maintain flexibility in scheduling sales visits - daytime, evenings, or weekends planned around customer availability Consistently utilize CRM (Salesforce) and proficiently log all activities throughout the entire sales process
- Prepare weekly feedback and forecast reports
- Participate in weekly meeting/teleconference with the Regional Director of Sales
- Attend training programs as necessary at Direct Energy Solar HQ and other Direct Energy Solar locations
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully selling a complex product or service that required detailed technical and financial knowledge (through training)
- Demonstrated record of achievement by consistently outperforming quotas, winning sales awards, growing a market, etc.
- B2C experience preferred, selling high value product or service in home – such as residential real estate, financial planning services, or high-end renovations
- Ability to close customers within a short sales cycle
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation
- Experience in relevant computer applications, including spreadsheets and CRM
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must pass a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and have a clean driving record
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability