Smart Metering Strategy Analyst
The role will be pivitol in leading the development of the overarching operational strategy for Smart Installations & Metering, drawing on the expertise of all relevant parts of Centrica and external stakeholders. This will involve reviewing and interpreting a range of national and local policies to ensure that priorities and action plans are congruent with each other and within the overall UK Field Operations business strategy. Input into a range of strategic and operational planning activities including Business Operating Plan, Three Year Plan, outline business cases and long term capability and capacity framework.
- Guide the evolution of Smart Installations & Metering strategy responding to changing regulatory, technological and customer risks & opportunities and influencing where necessary
- Develop plans and proposals about the necessary levels of adaptability and flexibility required to meet future business requirements
- Provide sophisticated research and analysis (e.g. market/industry/competitive trends and insights) for the UK Field Operations leadership to support decision-making, strategic projects and initiatives
- Interface with UK Customer Operations, UK Business and other parts of Centrica to ensure Smart Installations & Metering maximises opportunities for collaboration across Great Britain
- Contribute to improvement activities to enhance the alignment of customer demand and operational capacity
- Together with UK Home and UK Business, drive operational excellence in the alignment of customer demand and operational capacity through identification and execution of opportunity areas that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches for Smart Installations & Metering
- Utilising expertise across Centrica, draw up and shape strategic plans that are based on business needs to demonstrate all reasonable steps during the smart rollout
Competencies and Qualifications
- Strong academic background in Mathematics, Engineering or Statistics preferred
- Communication - able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing with both internal and external stakeholders
- Team working - able to work collaboratively, developing good working relationships and ensuring that relevant information and best practice is shared appropriately
- Ability to work within a defined risk appetite
- Stakeholder management - able to develop strong working relationships
- Analysis and Investigation – demonstrating intellect and ability to gather facts, assess scenarios, generate options and make reasoned recommendations. Excellent ability to interrogate a range of information sources and to understand, sort and prioritise a complex and broad set of data and information from a range of different sources
- Judgement & Decision making - able to demonstrate confidence in ability to use sound judgment to reach conclusions
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and managing a competing workload
- Personal Accountability - able to take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and able to achieve results with little oversight
- Influencing and negotiation - able to convince others to own expressed point of view and gain agreement
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Becki.Brunetti@britishgas.co.uk typing ‘Update required: Smart Metering Strategy Analyst R9917359’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.