Energy & Control Centre Technician
Energy & Controls Centre Technician – Windsor
Centrica’s international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) brings together expertise from our UK and US businesses and works to deliver distributed energy solutions to businesses. We already have over 1000 customers across 3,700 sites and expect to invest heavily in new technologies and partnerships by 2020. As we grow, recruiting the right people is essential and we currently have an opportunity for an Energy & Controls Centre Technician based in Windsor.
The Energy and Controls Centre forms part of the Operations and Maintenance function and this role focuses on data captured from a range of remote assets including Building energy management systems (BEMS), combined heat and power units (CHP), ground source heat pumps (GSHP) and solar PV installations.
This role would suit a candidate who possesses the skills necessary to effectively interpret data from multiple sources, identify anomalies and design and implement technical solutions. Reporting and presentation of the process of investigation and suggested solutions is vitally important. The role is therefore heavily dependent upon verbal communications, at all levels. It also comes with the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring customer requirements are documented and communicated to all relevant personnel.
- Managing customer assets to ensure maximum life cycles are achieved.
- Identifying opportunities of energy saving initiatives across a customer portfolio.
- Maintain accurate records of all tasks undertaken on our internal web-based monitoring tool.
- Analysing controls strategy and historic data to perform root cause analysis.
- Adhering to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Developing HVAC, buildings controls and asset optimisation knowledge.
- Working efficiently in an SLA driven team environment.
- Producing reports and presenting findings to internal and external personnel.
Candidates must have experience in one of the functional areas below , exposure to more than one is extremely beneficial:
- BEMS engineering and/or support experience.
- Mechanical or electrical engineering experience.
- Working in remote support center environment.
- IT server / network support experience.
- Asset management experience (CHP, GSHP, PV)
- Energy management experience
In addition we are looking for the following certifications:
- Industry recognised HVAC Principles certifications.
- Manufacturer certified training courses for BEMS systems supported by ECC – Trend Controls, Schneider Electric, Cylon, Siemens, Tridium.
- Industry recognised energy management certifications
- Industry recognised M&V certifications
- Industry recognised asset management certifications
Salary - £27,000 - £40,000 depending on experience + range of benefits
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing UPDATE REQUIRED Energy & Control Centre Technician R9913793 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.