Customer Strategy Manager
The DE&P Propositions & Marketing Team has an exciting opportunity for a Customer Strategy Manager
The role will define the customer strategy for DE&P including innovative commercial solutions, product bundling and sector targeting.
The role will work as part of the Global Propositions team to support product managers across the three pillars of the DE&P proposition (Energy Insights, Asset Optimisation and Energy Solutions).
Focus on supporting the product management team specifically on:
- Commercial innovations
- Bundling of multiple products across the proposition
- Products for partnership channels
- Sector specific product development
Define the commercial structure for our products including:
- Commercial innovations
- Financing structures
- Link to other products and technologies
- Customer sector and segment analysis
- Product opportunity sizing in relation to geography and sector
Key competencies required to carry out the role competently and effectively
- Creative: Able to innovate and to instigate and assess new ideas
- Customer Centric: Put the customer at the heart of decision making
- Commercially minded: Able to build, assess and improve business cases and financial profiles including innovative approaches
- Technologically astute: Knows the technology sector and the energy construction services market
- Organised: Able to coordinate and drive people to a common goal
- Research focused: Must be competent at defining and conducting qualitative and quantitative research and feeding the results of that research back to update the product set
Level of education required to carry out the role competently and effectively
- Degree level qualification in any discipline or equivalent - essential
- MBA - desirable
- Product management qualification - desirable
The successful applicant will have experience in:
- Product management: Experienced working in a product, proposition and business development environment including go-to-market principals and best practice
- Innovation: Launched products known for innovation, customer centricity and commercial growth
- Strategic planning and business case development: Experience at setting, monitoring and refining business strategy at a global scale. Strong commercial awareness and analytical skills - can identify, size and explain a business opportunity
- Project management: Creative, with strong organisational and project management skills
- B2B sales: Industry relevant experience within a B2B sales organization (e.g. telecoms, services, software)
- Customer centricity: A great understanding of how to understand and think through the customer experience in new proposition development
- Collaboration: Experience at working in multi-function teams to deliver complex solutions and influence senior level stakeholders
- Stakeholder management: Able to keep technical, commercial, finance, legal, marketing, operational teams on track with the development phases, meeting project deadlines and budgets
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Customer Strategy Manager R9914131’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.