Credit & Debt Performance Sr. Analyst
The successful candidate will be a key part of a dynamic, innovative team that is responsible for managing Credit and Debt within Direct Energy’s Residential business. Through leading edge analytics and modeling the Credit & Debt Performance Sr. Analyst will provides best in class analysis of credit risk strategies and policies, portfolio risk trends, business analytics, scorecard performance, and risk models for all Direct Energy residential consumer to solve a wide array of business problems including how to maintain regional level bad debt within target.
Specific support includes leveraging and understanding consumer credit behavior to develop strategic adjudication and account management strategies; and interpretation of results to inform and improve future efforts. The successful candidate will have advanced knowledge of SQL.
The role requires a high level of cross-team and management interaction. The successful candidate will have hands-on experience working in Risk Management or Credit and Collections, with a strong understanding of data mining, analytics and meaningful experience building strong working relationships.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Credit and Collection, Risk Management and business analytics, ideally within the Energy business
- 1-3 years experience with in the Alberta energy markets High level organization and planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- High level of analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbally) Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Advanced knowledge of visual basic and basic for applications
- Advanced knowledge of SQL/PL SQL
- SAS Enterprise Guide / Base SAS / Statistical modelling .back testing a plus
- Develop & implement tools and processes to extract and manipulate data from various systems / resources including development of ad-hoc reports in order to solve operational issues, strategy views and/or improve existing processes
- Communicate credit department and company payment policies by assessing credit risk and established credit limits
- Participate in process improvement projects, and support other management directives as prescribed.
- Provide analytical support to credit and collections department to control credit exposure, cash flow and minimize the risk of bad debt.
- Participate in major department projects and take an active role in cross-functional teams to assist in driving quality improvements, processes, and initiatives
- Responsible for internal and external reporting with control to accuracy and providing variance explanation, capable to provide recommendation for reporting enhancement
- Develop business case and L&G (Loss and Gain) analysis for all recommendations and initiatives
- Responsible to monitor and manage accuracy as well as on time delivery for all reports provided by DE external vendors
- Analyze customer financial condition and authorize customer credit lines
- Identify and implement policy and process improvements through enhancing existing policies or developing new ones.
- Develop & implement tools and processes to extract and manipulate data from various systems / resources including development of ad-hoc reports in order to solve operational issues and/or improve existing processes
- Understand bad debt drivers and work to improve our bad debt metrics.
- Regularly participate in the executive review meetings to ensure kpi/metrics are met according to LE and Plan
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are a Equal Employment Opportunity
employer--M/F/disability/protected veteran status