Customer Data Operations Manager
Customer Data Operations Manager – Leicester
As an energy supplier with a unique 200 year heritage British Gas is one of the best known names in the UK energy market. We provide over 500,000 business customers with a modern way to buy, use and generate energy. We currently have an opportunity for a Customer Data Analytics Manager based in our Leicester Grove Park, office.
You will be responsible for the Data Asset for the organisation, making sure our data is of the right quality, latency and availability for the analytical, campaign and reporting teams to deliver value to the business. In addition you will be tasked to lead Data Operations to improve the data management lifecycle and embed best practices throughout the organisation, to enable the transformation of the data asset to enable commercial and customer outcomes to be realised (Sourcing; Discovery; Improvements; Security and Availability).
Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Support the strategy, execution and development of the continuous improvement of Data Management and the Insight Data Platforms across UK Business, to fulfil business strategies, improve operational efficiencies, reduce costs and increase value generation from the data asset.
- Collaborate closely with the Data Strategy Manager to drive the implementation of the longer term data capabilities into Data Operations as a BAU process.
- Support the definition of our data collection strategy.
- Deliver efficient and effective data operations, systems and processes, ensuring relevant and required data is available all relevant users.
- Drive and support quality and data integrity across all areas of the British Gas ecosystem including data ingestion/absorption of data from new sources, as well as by third-party suppliers.
- Support Data Solution in root cause analysis on key data issues and service incidents resulting in improved data quality and better data availability.
- Accountable for managing the performance optimisation of the insight platform that supports/enables the Customer Insight department to deliver existing and required activities.
- Lead and be responsible for the overall initiatives related to sourcing and delivering quality data to the Insight Platform, as well as the development of enterprise-wide data quality and management standards.
- Manage and develop Insight Systems Service Management, Incident Management and Change Management with IS and third parties suppliers to optimise the environment for Customer Insight to perform (having the right tools for the job).
- Enable structured access to enterprise data on customers and products in order to deliver improved decision making through the UK Business team and beyond.
- Customer data includes that sourced from SAP, Siclops, Smart meters, third parties and many other systems or their replacements.
- Deliver Smart Data services to customers as required across a number of products.
We are looking for candidates who possess expert knowledge and experience in business / information integration and exploitation. You must have a track record of delivering innovative and substantive changes in business with proven change management, project and programme management skills. We are also looking for the following skills and experience:
- Experienced in process, project, change and Agile management all preferable.
- Effective, problem solving skills.
- A team builder and leader with a passion for excellent customer delivery.
- Extensive knowledge of Data Operations and Competence skills.
- Expert knowledge of data architectures and insight tools.
- A passion and interest in technology and data advances.
- Ability to resource capacity in a way that maximizes overall value whilst satisfying all stakeholders, and the development/analysis of management information.
- Ability to implement a strategy to deliver improved capabilities and implement complex changes.
- Extensive knowledge of data management, utilities industry, marketing disciplines, CRM and Data Warehousing.
- Knowledge of typical marketing database uses, including campaign targeting, modelling and analysis.
- Versed in various regulatory compliance standards (DPA, OFGEM, FCA).
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience + bonus / pension / car allowance
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Customer Data Operations Manager R9916969’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.