Customer Data Analytics Manager
Customer Data Analytics Manager – Leicester
As an energy supplier with a unique 200 year heritage British Gas is one of the best known names in the UK energy market. We provide over 500,000 business customers with a modern way to buy, use and generate energy. We currently have an opportunity for a Customer Data Analytics Manager based in our Leicester Grove Park, office.
This role will act as the expert on data analytics and statistical techniques and will lead on the development of forward looking predictive modelling within the business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the strategy for the way we create a 360 degree customer understanding to support the entire organisation in their strategic and tactical decision making.
- Deploy deep customer understanding from data to make recommendations on how we can increase sales, total customer value and overall business profitability.
- Support the transformation into a customer-centric, data driven organisation.
- Lead our analytical capability ambition and plan in UKB.
- Provide authoritative input into the development of customer and product strategy from data driven insights.
- Advise the key stakeholders on customer trends from data driven insights
- Collaborate with the respective Management teams within Marketing, Propositions, Sales and Customer Operations at key phases to ensure that decisions are ultimately driven by customer insights.
- Manage relationships with outsourced data and analytics partners, including university partnerships.
- Lead the development and implementation of the most appropriate and latest analytical methodologies and tools.
- Support the any analytical work stack being worked by your expert staff who will be either operating in a self-starting Scrum methodology with a Product Owner and/or Scrummaster or in a traditional project methodology to implement analytical models into production.
- Develop and manage the analytical team, to build and maintain a world class analytical insight capability.
Candidates must have a strong track record in data analytics and modelling with a strong commercial and analytical mindset. You must have background and experience in turning data into actionable stories, and its effective use to drive organisational change and superb customer outcomes. We are also looking for the following:
- Strong knowledge of insight tools and methodologies.
- Good management of third parties.
- Good leadership and coaching/ mentoring skills of analytical experts.
- Ability to influence and partner across groups and teams, external companies and organisations.
- The ability to get things done through others, without a direct reporting relationship.
- A good background of commercial and operational experience, ideally in a nationally-recognised organisation with a reputation for insight excellence and a strong data management and analysis capability.
- A proven record in a multi-site environment, developing and delivering successful analyses and insights.
- Knowledge of the energy or personal insurance and home services sectors, including relevant policy, regulatory and compliance frameworks.
Salary £50,000 - £60,000 depending on experience + bonus / pension / car allowance
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Customer Data Analytics Manager R9916970’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.