Sales Process Specialist
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Supports the deployment of sales and service-related improvement projects in Telesales and Technical Operations.
- 5+years of experience in a telesales, customer service or retail environment.
- Excellent ability to coach and train others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and follow up skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions independently.
- Must be a team player - able to handle ambiguity, and anticipate and react to changes quickly
This is a position that involves flexible hours. It’s anticipated that the role will require 4 - 5 days per week in a telesales or field location, with as much as 80% travel. The specific hours will be negotiated on a weekly basis and may include early mornings, evenings and weekends as project schedules unfold.
- Listens to telephone calls and rides along on service calls to assess best practices of high-performing frontline employees.
- Assists in developing behavioral guidelines for optimum service and sales practices, both on the telephone and in service calls.
- Assists in the development of models and tools that enable frontline employees to adapt their performance to match unique types of customers.
- Provides on-going coaching to Agents and Techs about applying the sales and service guidelines.
- Assists management in gathering information and exploring options related to balancing production needs and achieving service/ sales objectives.
- Supports the development of any appropriate performance support practices such selection, training, communication, appraisal, recognition and rewards.
- Provides feedback to supervisors about employee performance to enable supervisors to coach and evaluate employees more effectively.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability