Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
The Billing Analyst position is responsible for the day to day activities of a fast paced and growing power and gas business providing complete, timely and accurate invoices to customers. The Analyst has a direct impact on customer experience and actively works to resolve billing related issues, audits invoice details and interacts with various internal groups to ensure customer billing satisfaction and accurate revenue recognition.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business or 2-4 years of commensurate experience in the field or in a related area
- 1 years of energy industry experience preferred
- Strong analytical and advanced mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrates expertise in utilizing Microsoft Powerpoint, Visio, Word, Advanced Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate findings, make recommendations, facilitate corrections
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Audit and analyze daily billing reports utilizing spreadsheets and complex mathematics
- Responsible for timely resolution of audit exceptions to provide complete, timely, and accurate customer invoices
- Engage with external billing software provider when needed, to ensure service level agreement compliance, resolve customer billing calculation component errors, unrated usage and usage variance issues
- Participates in working environment and compliance with Key Productivity Indicators
- Successfully execute and/or adhere to Key Controls in accordance with risk compliance documentation
- Review and work daily exceptions identified through a variety of means including but not limited to reports, internal communications and customer inquiries
- Proactively identify and implement enhancements and efficiencies to improve timeliness, accuracy and completeness in customer billing
- Other projects and duties as assigned
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text