Team Lead - Data Management
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
As Direct Energy Business continues to grow, the automation of data exchanges between DE Business and our External Partners is critical. Much of the current expansion in data automation involves the Utility Billed customer base (UCB) and the Internal Bill Ready (INBR) customer base. The Team Lead – Data Management is a member of the DE Business Customer Operations team and is responsible for overseeing the daily processing, error checking and correction of data transmissions related to electronically invoiced customers (outbound 810 transactions); receiving inbound 810 transactions and preparing outbound 820 payment transactions for INBR customers; resolving 824 error transactions; as well as preparation and testing of systems in connection with the startup of new utilities and acquisitions.
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Information Technology is preferred, 5 years of commensurate experience in the field is acceptable
- Highly Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of flat files and EDI standards is a plus.
- Knowledge of managing FTP sites a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability; high capacity to support and work within a team environment
- Manage all inbound and outbound electronic data transactions that flow through the Biztalk and Filecheck software applications, assigning validation errors to the Data Management team as necessary
- Work with contacts at utilities to verify and correct questionable data received from External Trading Partners.
- Analyze and correct data transactions that fail to load into ERM or the utilities systems correctly.
- Run and review utility transaction reports to find missing or incorrect data.
- Ensure that the Data Management team has transmitted all electronic transactions during the proper windows to ensure timely enrollment and billings to customers.
- Manage the generation of 820 payments to the respective utilities for TDSP charges
- Represent the back office during process modification discussions to ensure the ongoing integrity of our electronic billing and TDSP payment processes
- Define and implement translation rules and system modifications to advance the automation of the UCB and TDSP payment processes
- Maintain a current database and working knowledge of each utility’s data exchange rules, financial transaction rules, usage formats, and capacity and transmission update schedules
- Prepare recommendations for process improvements and participate in testing/implementation with both internal and external vendors.
- Work with other teams on data issues found in downstream applications.
- Work on projects related to changing data and our internal systems to improve automation or new product and service offerings
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text