Big Data Architect
You will be responsible for leading and supporting design, development, installation and maintenance of the Big Data software and technologies here at British Gas which support the stable operation of the organisation's services, applications and all of the application interfaces delivering end-to-end Business process.
- Location: Staines (TW18), London
- Package: Competitive with car allowance, bonus, private medical and further extensive benefits
The main duties include:
- Responsibility for the entire Development Architecture within the Data Lake.
- Ensuring that all projects follow known design patterns and solutions.
- Projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Understanding Business drivers, functional and non-functional.
- Proponent for innovation, best practices, sound design with data & information optimisation in mind.
- Develop data strategy and data architecture.
- Assist the Technical Delivery Manager with assigned duties.
- Extensive experience with the Hadoop eco-system and associated technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience with any relational database.
- Design scalable and reusable solutions on the Big Data Platform.
- Lead solution governance activities, code implementation into production and follow through with bug fixes through relevant individuals responsible for the code.
- Create and review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of Big Data solutions.
- Provides solution and technology advice and guidance to the wider Big Data team.
- Guide and mentor Big Data and consumer Development team members (e.g. BI) through technical solution deliverables.
- Create, maintain and update development standards, process and product methodology.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Big Data Architect R9915695’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.