Big Data Technical Architect
British Gas Information Systems are now looking for a Technical Architect to join them on their journey in the exciting, fast-paced world of Big Data. Joining our BI Delivery Team based in our HQ in Staines (TW18) you will be looked upon as the resident expert in all technical architecture in the world of Big Data.
- Responsibility for the entire Development Architecture within the Data Lake.
- Ensuring that all projects follow known design patterns and solutions.
- Projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Understanding Business drivers, functional and non-functional.
- Proponent for innovation, best practices, sound design with data & information optimisation in mind.
- Develop data strategy and data architecture.
We are looking for an individual who lives and breathes Big Data and new technologies; you need to be an evangelist with exceptional vision for future trends and technologies as well as the ability to communicate your visions and plans across a wide community of stakeholders.
- Extensive experience with the Hadoop eco-system and associated technologies such as Cassandra, MongoDB, NoSQL, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience with any relational database.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should be strong in conceptualising and problem solving.
- Highly analytical, with structured thinking and decision making.
- Team leading skills with ability to present comfortably to senior management.
- Design scalable and reusable solutions on the Big Data Platform.
- Lead solution governance activities, code implementation into production and follow through with bug fixes through relevant individuals responsible for the code.
- Create and review technical design documentation to ensure the accurate development of Big Data solutions.
- Provides solution and technology advice and guidance to the wider Big Data team.
- Guide and mentor Big Data and consumer Development team members (e.g. BI) through technical solution deliverables.
- Create, maintain and update development standards, process and product methodology.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Big Data Technical Architect R9916337’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.