UKFO Change Contention Manager
The Field Optimisation team will look from one end of UK Field Operations to the other identifying and realising opportunities to unlock the full potential of our 15k strong field force to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
The Field Optimisation team will place a strong focus on how we can drive efficiencies – how do we get rid of what can get in the way of our engineers doing a brilliant job – and how can we be more effective - give our people the tools and support they need to get the job done better.
The Change Contention Manager is responsible for creating and maintaining a uniformed approach to project management tracking & delivery.
This is a high profile role with responsibility to ensure UKFO change resource is aligned to deliver effectively, striking the optimum balance between the drive towards delivery of ES&S and UKFO strategy with the flexibility to deliver to tactical business needs
- Facilitate and co-ordinate delivery plans within UKFO to ensure prioritisation needs are met & the business is protected from change overload/conflicts.
- Link with key delivery teams across Business Readiness and Resource and Planning to ensure headline programme areas have a shared vision & purpose in creating the ‘future state’ strategic blueprint
- Responsibility and accountability in ensuring governance model/principles are actively documented, promoted and implemented effectively across Business Readiness
- Ensures programme and project planning and reporting meets prescribed format and such reporting is produced accurately and timely
- Plays a key role as part of the Business Readiness Leadership Team in monitoring the status of programmes and projects to varying levels of detail according to audience
- Works with the business readiness team to ensure the change framework and methodology strikes the right balance of governance and pace to deliver both large and tactical change.
- Manages program & project priorities, including facilitating sessions to ensure a smooth trajectory of delivery & pro-active removal of delivery overlap
- Invests in building strong business partnerships underpinning a well informed and collaborative approach to prioritisation
- Accountable for the reporting of & management of project tracking & reporting
- Owns the resource/capacity view for Business Readiness over the short, medium & long term & is accountable for creating recruitment/resourcing requirements papers
- Maintenance of cross business readiness function risks and issues, including mitigation plans – ensuring that these are escalated and acted upon effectively
- Lead, motivate, manage, coach and develop direct reports to optimise performance
- Motivate colleagues to give feedback and ideas for continuous improvement
- Lead by example, ensuring that teams operate in line with BG approach and values
Key Stakeholders and Working relationships
- Supporting Field Ops @ c15,000 FTE
- UK Field Operations LT
- UK Customer Operations LT
- UK Home
- UK Business
- UK Change
- Group HSES
- Employees of Centrica
- Centrica support functions including Legal, Conduct, Compliance
- Role is at leadership level, with direct | indirect reports –
- Estimated at > 2 direct reports
- Role will require the direction and leadership of cross-organisation teams in order to deliver complex initiatives
- Change management, programme management and business readiness subject matter expertise
- Positive, constructive and pragmatic approach to business readiness with an emphasis on collaboration and good execution
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Ability to present complex information in simple & engaging ways to enable clear decision making
- Ability to prioritise, plan, manage and deliver timely and effective business readiness projects
- Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Stands back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Benefits tracking – ensuring that the agreed objectives and the actual outcomes are achieved and understood, and that lessons from experience are learned
- Providing direction to team, supporting them to achieve planned goals and holding them to account
- Ensure that individuals build capability & skills to fulfil their roles, recognising and rewarding performance appropriately
- Understand our internal customers and find cost effective and consistent ways to meet their needs
- Relishes a challenging context remaining focused, composed, and optimistic
- Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Educated to degree level
- 3 plus years experience of project and change management within a complex, matrix organisation
- Proven track record of influencing and negotiating at a senior management level effectively managing conflicting priorities to deliver the best possible business outcome
- Project management expertise in planning methodologies such as Prince or Six Sigma
- A background in a customer focused environment, ideally with engineers in the field
- Experience of managing and influencing senior stakeholders across the business to develop and/or deliver business initiatives.
- Role will require the direction and leadership of cross organisation teams.
- An understanding of the drivers of operational excellence and great customer service
- Understanding of wider British Gas business drivers & standards
- Understanding of regulatory, quality, safety & other statutory requirements relevant to the industry and service
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: UKFO Change Contention Manager R9916589’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.