Large Scale Project Receiving Manager
The Field Optimisation team will look from one end of UK Field Operations to the other identifying and realising opportunities to unlock the full potential of our 15k strong field force to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
The Field Optimisation team will place a strong focus on how we can drive efficiencies – how do we get rid of what can get in the way of our engineers doing a brilliant job – and how can we be more effective - give our people the tools and support they need to get the job done better.
The Large Scale Receiving Manager will facilitate UKFO business plans for implementation of key elements of the strategic roadmap to ensure the business delivers on its potential. This is a delivery & impact management role that ensures the operating functions are supported in delivery of the change plan, future technology & commercial strategy
- Deliver large scale business readiness activities to successfully deploy UK Change Plan initiatives into the operation
- Manage a portfolio of operational fix projects within the context of the wider Business Readiness & Optimisation function
- Maximise ROI for the business by ensuring deployed change is capable of achieving defined benefits in business cases and in ensuring appropriate & robust plans are in place to achieve successful implementation
- Lead business impact assessments collaborating with Optimisation colleagues, Field Operations and UK Change Teams to understand the implications of projects & the controls required to deploy them.
- Lead, motivate, manage, coach and develop direct reports to optimise performance
- Motivate colleagues to give feedback and ideas for continuous improvement
- Lead by example, ensuring that teams operate in line with BG approach and values
Key Stakeholders & Working Relationships
- Supporting Field Ops @ c15,000 FTE
- UK Field Operations
- UK Customer Operations
- UK Home
- UK Business
- UK Change
- Group HSES
- Employees of Centrica
- Centrica support functions including Legal, Conduct, Compliance
- Role is at leadership level, with direct | indirect reports -
- Estimated at > 1-3 direct reports
- Role will require the direction and leadership of cross-organisation teams in order to deliver complex initiatives
National as required
- Ability to prioritise, plan, manage and deliver timely and effective large scale projects
- Subject matter expertise on project and change management and business readiness
- Positive, constructive and pragmatic approach to business readiness and change with an emphasis on collaboration and good execution
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills at all levels
- Good knowledge of the operational processes & systems for UKFO
- Understand our internal customers and find cost effective and consistent ways to meet their needs
- Benefits tracking – ensuring that the agreed objectives and the actual outcomes are achieved and understood, and that lessons from experience are learned
- Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Stands back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Displays an ongoing commitment to learning and self-improvement
- Providing direction to team, supporting them to achieve planned goals and holding them to account
- Ensure that individuals build capability & skills to fulfil their roles, recognising and rewarding performance appropriately
Educated to degree level
- 3 plus years experience of project and change management
- A background in a customer focused environment, ideally with engineers in the field
- Experience of managing and influencing senior stakeholders across the business to develop and/or deliver business initiatives.
- Role will require the direction and leadership of cross organisation teams.
- An understanding of the drivers of operational excellence and great customer service
- Understanding of wider British Gas business drivers & standards
- Understanding of regulatory, quality, safety & other statutory requirements relevant to the industry and service
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Large Scale Project Receiving Manager R9916588’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.