Head of Services Sales
Lead and develop a sales office, who will strive to deliver and exceed customer satisfaction, revenue, margin and site targets for UK Business Services which include care plans, commercial installs and new business connections.
To create a high performing culture through delivering exceptional service, compliance and leadership skills.
To test new ways of growing UK Business Services through alternative sales techniques and trials of new products and propositions.
- Develop and deliver a multi-channel strategy using both tested and imaginative tactical initiatives, resulting in the exceptional delivery of budgeted revenue, margin and contract targets.
- Lead the UK Business sales forecasting and planning process through which your data trend analysis will drive the creation of marketing, data campaigns and agent utilisation scheduling as appropriate.
- Understand the drivers of an ‘Engaged’ workforce, leading our people to deliver exceptional employee engagement.
- Deliver quality coaching, support and development to team managers.
- Ensure needs based consultative sales structures and techniques are embedded within the sales process through ongoing performance management and coaching creating long-term incremental sales value.
- Understand the commercial drivers of value when testing and implementing new customer data sources and propositions.
- Identify efficiencies and implement change plans to drive business improvements.
- Continually evaluate, guide and support the improvement of processes and IS systems within both the channel and business.
- Inspire a culture where change is understood as a driver of growth, leading our people through change by facilitating change management interventions.
- Ensure compliance and legal/regulatory and quality requirements.
- Screen potential business opportunities, deal requirements, financials and potential to make recommendations for investment to line manager and wider business.
- Effectively present UKB value proposition to reflect customer needs and prepare quotations to customers, colleagues and 3rd parties in order to win new business and achieve sales targets.
- Drive sales growth through alignment of the sales teams, ensuring maximum value potential is reached through cross selling multiple services.
- Develops an open and collaborative environment
- Welcomes challenges and differences of opinion
- Builds engagement
- Has a strong and positive communication style
- Builds a culture of continual learning and intelligent risk taking
- Creates a customer focussed culture
- Communicates direction and strategy, assigning clear accountability for delivery
- Proactively manages talent, potential and succession
- Builds and communicates a compelling strategy for own area
- Good standard of Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE – Level C and above standard or equiv).
- Experience of managing a Multi Channel Sales team within the Internal Tele Sales environment.
- A proven track record of success in sales leadership.
- Ideally prior experience working in a business to business environment with a strong understanding of the SME market.
- Through understanding of what delivers great customer service.
- Experience of managing customer relationships in a face to face role.
- Able to build and develop effective relationships at Director level.
- Ability to understand customer needs and present solutions to meet these through working cross functionally in a matric environment
- Commercial acumen.
- Able to evaluate the commercial benefits associated with progressing solutions to meet customer needs.
- Understanding of procurement chain for developers.
- Expert knowledge of the Connections & Metering marketplace would be an advantage.
- Experience of leading and developing a team of Individuals working in the field.
- Tactical/Operational Role
- UK Business Services SLT
Key Stakeholders & Working Relationships
- External customers in a manner that exceeds their expectations.
- Networking with colleagues to facilitate the delivery of a seamless customer experience.
- Key stakeholder management working towards common strategic business objectives.
- Leading to improve overall employee engagement.
Profit Centre Gross Revenue
- £50m - £100m
- £3m - £5m sales
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Head of Services Sales R9912294’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.