Insight Manager, Connected Home
Working with the Head of Insight and Insight team for Centrica Connected Home in London, this role will manage the insight program for North America focusing primarily on Hive, our market leading range of connected home products.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative research approaches ideally in a consumer technology business.
- Experience running ongoing tracking programs.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, unstructured, start-up culture without much formal direction.
- Self starter who identifies issues within the business where consumer insight and analysis could help.
- Ready to roll up sleeves and participate in questionnaire design, coding, analysis as well as focus group moderation and one to one depth interviewing when needed.
- Takes a commercial approach to insight focusing on projects and approaches that will drive results and change.
- Manage the monthly Hive brand tracking program in North America working with our brand tracking agency. Tasks include questionnaire management through to communication of results and follow up. Stakeholders include North American and Connected Homes Leadership, Marketing and Commercial teams as well as our advertising agency and ur media planning agency to ensure actions identified have been followed up. Follow-up on any additional analysis required with tracking agency. Work with the Insight team in London to present a multi-country view of the Hive brand where relevant.
- Manage the monthly Hive customer satisfaction tracking programme with our customer satisfaction tracking agency. Tasks include questionnaire management through to communication of findings and follow up with stakeholders including North American and Connected Homes leadership team, Product, Customer Operations and Marketing teams. Ensure that actions identified have been followed up and manage any additional analysis required. Work with the Insight team in London to present a multi-country view of Hive product performance where relevant.
- Manage all ad hoc qual and quant insight projects supporting the North American team. Manage the process from problem definition through to developing the insight approach including agency briefing if required, fieldwork management, presentation of results and follow-up on actions identified. Range of projects from proposition development, product pricing, creative development, product usability, ethnography, etc.
- Support the Product, User Experience, Commercial and Marketing teams with the Customer Labs recruitment process for North America. Customer Labs are Connected Homes approach to ensure we get consumer feedback and insight across our product development process. Customers Labs are depth interviews conducted by our own team members, done in our offices, where we talk to current and prospective customers about a range of topics. Labs in the past have been conducted to get consumer feedback on issues as diverse as designs for heating control function in the Hive app, wording for customer emails to pricing approaches for new products. The Insight Manager will assist the internal client with problem and target audience definition for the labs, brief the recruitment agency on who to recruit as well as assist with recruitment screener development, interview guides for the session and ensure that insights are captured and shared in the business.
- Support the Head of Insight on other UK and Rest of World projects on an ad hoc basis. These can include qual and quant projects as well as competitor and market analysis and some data analytics and reporting.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability