Airtron has established itself as one of the leading providers of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems (HVAC). We provide an all-encompassing approach to HVAC solutions, from professional installations of premium products to comprehensive service plans, so systems work at their peak efficiency to provide customer comfort at the lowest cost. With more than 40 years of experience in the cooling and heating industry we have the knowledge and skills that allow us to stand firmly behind our work.
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Airtron Heating and Air is currently seeking a Division Contoller in our Charlotte, NC operations!
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment.
Direct Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability