Data Quality Manager
British Gas Business (BGB) is a £3Bn+ Business within British Gas supplying over 1 million meter points. Identification of the current live portfolio from an arrangement of systems is essential to the day to day running of the business.
Reporting to the Head of Data Strategy your role will be to act as primary lead for defining and implementing the data quality management strategy and solutions for British Gas Business. Specifically, you will be responsible for delivering the data quality management programme which is a key component of BGB’s strategic priority, understanding our customers.
The Data Quality Manager will have a great opportunity to influence how we manage data as an asset across BGB overall.
This individual will need to be able to demonstrate, through results, a significant shift change in data quality improvements across systems, process and people and will need strong stakeholder management skills to gain buy-in and recognition from senior managers across BGB.
- Responsible for delivering improvements in customer data quality, including, delivering an end2end review of current processes, identifying and addressing root cause issues.
- Responsible for ensuring single version of the truth by defining and delivering common data definitions, business rules and values across MI and Customer Data Teams.
- Deliver BGB’s data quality scorecard aligned to core business and customer driven outcomes, including, establishing and monitoring key performance indicators (KPIs), presenting monthly performance updates that will be fed into the wider commercial scorecard.
- Ensure closed loop end to end processes between internal and external databases to make optimal use of data available to enhance data quality.
- Define and implement the governance framework across key BGB functions, including policies and procedures, for accessing, maintaining and controlling data changes within core systems.
- Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and drive actions through Information Management Working Group (IMWG) as well as escalating issues for decision-making at the BGB Data Governance Steering Group (DGSG).
- Drive and support awareness, training and learning initiatives across BGB to ensure our people recognise customer data as an asset and adapt behaviours to ensure data is captured consistently and accurately through customer engagement.
- Define and implement returned mail processes to ensure core system updates are implemented and customer responses are acted upon.
- Develop data capture programmes to increase key customer information rates, including, marketing consents, email addresses and contact names. Liaise with stakeholders across business units to develop innovative ways of collecting data at different customer contact points.
- Drive a strong performance management culture across the data quality team with particular focus on delivering results.
- Act as the primary lead on legal and regulatory requirements regarding Data Privacy.
- Ability to prioritise competing demands to ensure that data quality activities are delivered on time in line with business expectations
- Must be able to gain buy-in and commitment from senior stakeholders across BGB business units to implement change
- Resilience to respond quickly and effectively to data incidents as and when they arise on an ad-hoc basis
- Must be able to provide consultative level support to senior stakeholders to enhance their business knowledge and data quality management understanding, including, legal and regulatory obligations around data usage
- Effective Stakeholder Management
- Strong communication, presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to facilitate workshops to conclusion
- Strong people manager skills equating to high performing team
- Proactive organisation and prioritisation of own work
- Proven experience of Data Management (Energy Industry knowledge preferred)
- Technically literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Project, SQL Server Management Studio, SAS Dataflux and Hadoop (desirable)
- Knowledge of data quality profiling techniques and solutions (desirable)
- Good Project Management skills
- Legal and regulatory requirements within the B2B energy market
- Experience of working within an IS Change Process
As a leader in the UK energy market, British Gas Business supplies gas and electricity to a vast range of industrial and commercial customers under the market leading British Gas brand.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andy.Malyon@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Data Quality Manager R9916116’in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.