Field Engineer - North America Distributed Energy
Direct Energy is seeking a highly motivated Field Engineer to join the North America Distributed Energy (NADE) Team. The successful candidate will work at customer sites to install and configure various devices (e.g. metering, controls, monitoring, communications, RTU and SCADA hardware). These devices include Panoramic Power and Demand Response hardware. The Field Engineer will configure all equipment ensuring proper communication, controls and data transfer from onsite equipment to remote cloud based data storage and monitoring systems.
These activities require an understanding of commercial electrical systems, metering, controls, RTU, SCADA, communications and other hardware, proper safety procedures and decision making skills regarding identifying which systems and electrical circuits to monitor as well as how to install and locate the equipment. When not performing customer site work, the Field Engineer assists in support work including but not limited to project scoping activities, equipment troubleshooting and analyzing/interpreting electrical interval data to identify energy and operational inefficiencies. The position requires the Field Engineer to simultaneously manage multiple projects and meet deadlines utilizing project management processes. The Field Engineer should expect to spend a significant amount of time out of the office.
North America Distributed Energy is part of Centrica’s Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) business which has been established to deliver distributed energy solutions for large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest ~$1 billion into the DE&P business by 2020, and use our US based Direct Energy Business brand (over 240k business customers, revenue of ~$10bn) to help us do so.
- Technical degree in electrical practical engineering or BS in engineering (electrical or mechanical preferred)
- 2-5 years of proven experience in energy services - preferred
- Familiarity and background with electrical engineering concepts and electricity basics
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and customer communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project)
- Experience working with cloud software systems, multiple utilities and functions
- Knowledge of or ability to learn LAN/WAN topologies, cabling standards and other communication technologies related to installation work
- Ability to grasp new concepts and topics quickly
- Strong customer focus
- Highly motivated, hardworking, self-starter with ability to work independently supporting customers and partners globally
- Ability to lead projects, manage multiple tasks involved in meeting deadlines and deliverables
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Strong troubleshooting skills and technical aptitude
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Engage in site layout, cost estimating, deployment planning, scheduling, material procurement, quality control, and job site safety
- Support creation of project scope, budgets and schedules
- Coordinate and monitor the work activities of subcontractors at customer/ construction sites, identify and resolve field issues and change orders, etc.
- Provide regular reporting on safety and project work status to interdisciplinary management teams
- Assist in the preparation of final records for the project, including as-built documents
- Provides timely, accurate and unambiguous updates
- Represent Direct Energy in a business-like and professional manner
- Work with personnel and outside contacts to satisfy customer needs and achieve company goals
- Identify areas of improvement in the company and assist in creating and implementing solutions
- Ensure that all workers and subcontractors, etc. are following all safety guidelines, reports violations to safety/ management
- Supports management teams with conducting accident/injury investigations
Arrive to work, jobsites, and meetings on time and prepared
Centrica plc (LSE:CNA) is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
Centrica’s new international Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) business has been established to deliver distributed energy solutions for large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape.
We expect to invest £700 million (~$1 billion) into the DE&P business by 2020. Combined, our UK and US businesses already have over 1,000 customers across 3,700 sites.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text