Health, Safety, Environment, and Security Practitioner - North America Distributed Energy
Direct Energy is seeking a highly motivated HSES Practitioner to join the North American Distributed Energy (NADE) Team. The successful candidate will provide training, coaching, and technical support for all HSES activities. Additionally, this position will develop programs and training material to support all office plant and field operations.
North American Distributed Energy is part of Centrica’s Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) business which has been established to deliver distributed energy solutions for large energy users as part of a more flexible energy landscape. We expect to invest ~$1 billion into the DE&P business by 2020, and use our US based Direct Energy Business brand (over 240K business customers, revenue of ~$10 bn) to help us do so.
- 3-5 year’s managing HSES programs in a field, plant and office environment.
- 3-5 year’s construction industry experience preferred.
- Bachelor degree required.
- Experience with environmental issues/regulations.
- Ability to translate technical issues in a non-technical manner with Business Stakeholders and Customer Operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, hard worker.
- Interaction with cross-functional groups and a matrixed organization.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project).
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong coaching, facilitating and presentation skills.
- Team player.
- Significant travel required including travel between offices and project sties/ customer facilities including no and short notice travel.
- Position supports all activities of the NADE HSES Manager.
- Helps develop and maintain the NADE HSES Management System (includes employees and suppliers).
- Serves as a technical resource to management teams through coaching, mentoring and assist in in the delivery of the NADE HSES Management System.
- Supports that all systems and procedures meet with Centrica standards.
- Assists in the implementation of the NADE HSES Management System.
- Provides direction and support to office, plant and field operations as to their involvement and enforcement of the HSES Management System.
- Understands the end to end processes of the NADE HSES Management System.
- Develops effective NADE HSES training & awareness programs.
- Deliver NADE training & awareness programs.
- Work with teams to manage the process as well as advise and assist on the evaluation and review of HSES risks, impacts and threats to properly mitigate recurrence and ensure effective controls. This process should also involve managers, supervisors and staff.
- Acts as a technical resource to management teams in the areas of safety and environmental regulations.
- Provides technical support during NADE HSES related audits.
- Undertake audits and inspections as required with regards to all business activities at the offices or remotely on site.
- Provides routine updates to HSES Manager on NADE HSES performance.
- Supports management teams with conducting accident/injury investigations.
- Evaluates incident/accident trends and verifies actions taken are effective to prevent recurrence.
- Completes required regulatory reports in a timely manner (i.e. OSHA 300 logs, Transportation of Hazardous Materials, etc.)
- Supports internal departments (where appropriate) on claims management.
- Serves as a technical resource on new and/or emerging NADE HSES initiatives.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text