Cloud Infrastructure Architect
British Gas and Centrica Information Systems are looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Architect to join their fast moving and growing team at their HQ in Staines (TW18). This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Architect within Cloud and other emerging technologies to join the UK’s leading Utility company and work on some ground breaking projects.
We need the right candidate to be someone that is driven by a passion for technology, service excellence and an ambition to continuously push the boundaries of how we can improve the services and capabilities offered to Centrica and British Gas’s global businesses beyond the industry standards.
Location - Staines
Salary - Competitive
You will be an integral part of our Enterprise Infrastructure & Cloud Architecture group, who are responsible for Strategic direction and Continuous Improvement of Cloud, Hosting, Infrastructure and Core Technical services within Centrica and British Gas.
This role will require you to:
- Contribute to the Hosting & Cloud Platforms and Shared Infrastructure Services & capabilities, Architecture vision and roadmap, and an infrastructure technology strategy that delivers robust, resilient and compliant solutions based on Cloud and On Premise hosting platforms across EMEA and Americas geographical regions
- Contribute to the development and management of technical standards and practices which implement the Hybrid Cloud and Shared Infrastructure Services strategy
- Provide assurance and advise that the solutions and technologies recommended will technically deliver and meet the needs of the business and our operational needs
- Research & Identify innovative technologies pertinent to the Target Architecture & involvement in any incubation and pilot of these technologies
- Provide technical guidance and support to Cloud & Infrastructure Architecture team
- Recommend design options for the vendor choice selection for various solutions
- Delivers the infrastructure technology strategy in line with business requirements, organisation and industry standards
- Advises the Hosting Platforms team as well as the wider Architecture teams on new opportunities or changes to their markets through emerging technologies
- Contribute to the delivery of complex platform hosting solutions where required
- Set and document appropriate development and technical standards and ensuring they are followed and communicated
The person ideally suited to this role should come from a highly technical background within the Cloud, Hosting and Infrastructure arena as well as highly experienced in Solution Architecture within a highly matrixed organisation. It is imperative to have strong communication, stakeholder management, customer satisfaction experience and focus on quality of services, solutions and architectural artifacts.
- Strong experience in Hosting, Data Centre Technologies, Infrastructure Shared Services
- Strong knowledge of AWS and Azure Cloud Platforms and Solutions, as well as industry awareness of competing IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Broad Network and Security knowledge
- Knowledge Platform Services including Storage, Databases & Middleware technologies
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email email@example.com typing ‘Update required: Cloud Infrastructure Architect R9914063’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.