New Claims Sales & Customer Service Rep, Inbound
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada.
- Some college preferred, High School Diploma or GED required
- Bilingual preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of previous experience within a customer facing environment required
- Must be sales oriented with a HIGH focus on customer service/experience
- Must be socially focused; “How can I help you?" attitude
- Prefers to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effectively translates complex information into common terms
- Persuasive, “selling" (rather than “telling") communication style
- Strong desire to work within a team oriented environment with high level of collaboration and teamwork.
- Type 30+ WPM, and ability to navigate through several internet based applications Proficient in Windows-based computer programs with excellent navigation skills
- Dependable and punctual in assigned work schedule
- Inbound call environment from current internal and external customers nationwide (70% of the day); additional admin/clerical duties (10% of the day); outbound follow-up with customers with outstanding questions/concerns (20% of the day).
- Scheduling service appointments with customers in a timely, professional manner
- Setting up accounts/contracts with new customers
- Provide resolution to customer concerns, deescalate customer concerns by providing professional courteous, and clear communication of warranty information
- Route customer calls accordingly based on customer needs
- Responsible for establishing rapport with new and existing customers, identify needs to sell, cross-sell, and renew Direct Energy products and services.
Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA