Salary; Circa; £60,000 with flex dependant on experience + excellent bonus and benefits
Location: Cambridge (5 minutes from train station)
You will develop automated test solutions for real-world Internet of Things controllers and devices.
At Hive we develop solutions for controlling and integrating everything in the home from your heating, cameras, security devices and smart plugs. As a Software Developer QA in the embedded team, you will develop an automated testing environment that tests the Hive Hub component and its firmware. You will act as a gatekeeper to ensure that we deliver a reliable product that our many customers can trust.
What you will be doing? On a day to day basis, you will among other things:
- Work in an agile environment with a dynamic and highly skilled team.
- Collaborate with other teams to help define communication protocols between components.
- Build out the test framework for our hub continuous delivery process.
- Develop web tools and dashboards to automate deployments.
- Attempt to find and diagnose bugs in our hub software.
To be brilliant in this role you will have/be:
- An enthusiastic software developer with an interest in automated testing,
- Able to conceive of what might go wrong in our system and how to test for it
- an analytical mind with a passion for learning
- a genuine interest in understanding the whole tech stack
This technical role is being made open to all experience levels. Ideally you should be:
- A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
- Experienced with an object oriented language.
- Have commercial experience with test frameworks.
- Motivated by the opportunity to build scalable test frameworks and suites of tests against real hardware. •
- Interested in developing web tools and dashboards
- Degree-educated (e.g. Computing, Electronic Engineering, etc.)
- C/C++ programming experience (Required)
- Python/Ruby/Perl programming experience (Desired)
- Linux development experience (Required)
- Git version control (Desired)
- Agile methodologies (Desired)
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 2 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 150,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Developer QA R9915945 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.