To grow the portfolio through selling energy contracts, including supply and energy efficiency measures to industrial and commercial customers.
- To deliver sales targets for both energy supply and energy services.
- To ensure we are managing a contract to its terms and conditions, including payment within terms.
- Creating, developing and maintaining a pipeline of accounts in your area/sector, whilst operating within a clear customer policy.
- To build deep and meaningful relationships with customers throughout their organisation.
- Provide innovative solutions to influence customer buying habits and leverage Centrica capacity to ensure maximum value is generated from our customers.
- To promote our capabilities and resources to customers/prospects through our value proposition.
- Provide activity reports using the tools available to keep customer activity up to date – including accurate pipelines and forecasts, feedback on tenders
- Provide competitor and market intelligence to influence the strategy and tactical position of the Major Accounts Sales channel.
- Ensure sales quality and present business to the portfolio that delivers true value.
- To carry out all aspects of the role in line with current BGB standards, guidelines and processes, meeting training, regulatory, compliance and audit requirements.
- Identify any operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate.
- Apply British Gas values in all day to day activities.
- Understand the health, safety, environmental & associated legal requirements that are relevant to the work and ensure the team complies with these. Help the team to understand and actively promote issues regarding health, safety & the environment
- It is expected that the job holder will spend the majority of the working week building relationships with customers with an emphasis on outbound calling. The job holder will also need to have regular dialogue with other team members and internal stakeholders at British Gas Business’s head office or other British Gas office locations
- New business development experience with ability to generate own leads and develop pipeline of customer prospects whilst working within a defined territory
- Knowledge and experience of managing high value customer relationships in the private sector.
- A strong communicator with experience presenting customer solutions.
- Solid IT skills to manipulate data and take advantage of systems that assist the Sales team to manage and deliver customer relationships and propositions.
- Flexible working style.
- Dedication is required and the job holder should accept that the position is not a typical 09.00 to 5.00 job
- Target driven with proven ability to consistently exceed stretching targets
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable negotiating with senior management externally and internally
- Strong networking ability and ability to represent the sales channel across Centrica
- Strong teamwork skills are necessary as the cycle touches a number of teams and success for individuals hinges on helping to co-ordinate this interaction
- Essential Skills
- Managing for value
- Understand the external market place
- Strategic thinking and decision making
- Territory/Sector Planning
Building Great Relationships:
- Impact and influencing skills
- Confidence and creditability
- Effective networking Partnering
- Making Change Happen:
- Effective decision making
Additional Website Text
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
Agencies: This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team, NO agency contact is required. Centrica operates a preferred supplier list and when required, will source candidates through these agencies
<div style="color: #ffffff">#LI-POST</div>