Legal Counsel DEP
Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) is Centrica plc’s newest business area – established in late 2015 bringing together the shared expertise of Centrica’s Central Power Generation, Solar PV and Energy Performance teams in the UK, and members of the US Direct Energy team to deliver distributed energy solutions for business customers internationally. We expect to invest £700million into DE&P by 2020 as exemplified by the recent acquisitions of Panoramic Power, a cutting edge energy data insights business and ENER-G, a leading global Combined Heat & Power (CHP) business. We own and operate two of the UK’s largest CCGT power stations (at South Humber and Langage) as well as a number of smaller peaking power facilities and provide a wide range of innovative energy solutions to large Industrial & Commercial customers encompassing a range of technologies.
Location - Windsor with scope for Flexible working
Salary - Competitive
To support the exciting plans we have to grow our DE&P business, we are looking for an exceptional construction/engineering lawyer of at least 3-4 years PQE to join our DE&P Legal team reporting directly to the global Managing Counsel for DE&P who is also based in Windsor.
As part of the team, you will be at the heart of helping successfully deliver a fantastic pipeline of projects, including the hugely exciting list of power development projects Centrica recently secured in December 2016’s T-4 UK Capacity Market auction, notably the development of what will be one of the world’s largest ever commercial battery storage projects.
DE&P combines the start-up mentality and culture of an exciting dynamic new business with the many strengths and advantages of being part of a leading and highly respected FTSE 100 business, including excellent future progression prospects both within DE&P and the wider Centrica global Legal, Regulatory, Secretariat and Compliance function (including the teams that support Energy Marketing & Trading, Exploration & Production, British Gas, Hive and Connected Home). As such, this is a rare and hugely rewarding opportunity.
If you are an ambitious and dynamic construction or engineering lawyer, ideally with good power sector experience, who is either already working in-house and looking for an exciting new opportunity or working in a respected private practice firm and considering making the move in-house then we would love to hear from you. We are looking for
- Certifications Qualified solicitor with a UK or equivalent practicing certificate
- Experience of working within a complex and fast paced organisation and demonstrable ability to adapt & continuously learn
- Proven ability to negotiate and draft non-standard contracts that address complex and difficult issues and to advise on complex legal matters, on both the legal and broader business ramifications.
- Comfortable in working across a matrix organisation and leading or participating in multi skilled teams across different BUs in order to deliver the best outcome for Centrica
- Good communicator who translates legal matters into concise and credible messages
- True collaborator who maintains a balanced view of the business and can effectively push back on all levels of management, providing candid and honest assessments
- Working across a matrix organisation and leading or participating in multi skilled teams across different BUs in order to deliver the best outcome for Centrica
Additional Website Text
Centrica plc, a FTSE 100 company, has operations in UK, North America and Europe. With 30+ million customer-product relationships, Centrica's vision is to become the leading integrated supplier of energy and related services for its chosen markets and maximise value to shareholders. Centrica's brand names include British Gas, Direct Energy (North America). At Centrica, our purpose is to help people today and secure energy for tomorrow
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email Andrew.Neil@centrica.com typing ‘Update required: Legal Counsel DEP R9990131’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.