The Market Analyst will aid in the development and maintenance of pricing models and metrics critical to executing regional and companywide pricing strategies supporting extensive business growth in 2017.
The Market Analyst will support competitive, new, and existing market research through the collection and analysis of both public and proprietary solar industry datasets via online research and information requests. They will also assist in the evaluation of project financial performance and profitability utilizing internal data sources.
Direct Energy Solar seeks an energetic, intelligent, and entrepreneurial individual passionate about renewable energy with a desire to quickly gain experience in the fast-growing solar industry. We are looking for recent graduates committed to spreading solar to rooftops across America and excited to put their talents, stamina, and common sense to use to achieve that goal.
This position will involve working as part of a small, elite team delivering timely feedback to senior leadership on pricing and corporate growth strategy. The Market Analyst will work in support of members of the Product Development Department by sourcing, synthesizing, and assessing data on market share, solar incentives, utility pricing, and competitor offerings to inform and improve company pricing strategy.
The position will interact with counterparts in the Sales, Operations, Finance/Accounting, and Marketing Departments.
Strong analytical abilities are a must for this position. An understanding of basic financial concepts (discounted cash flows, rate of return, gross margin, etc.) is a plus. The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate from a top-tier university with a degree in a quantitative field and a natural ability to adapt to changing priorities while managing concurrent deliverables against aggressive deadlines.
They should be able to readily access, compile, and summarize data from diverse sources to support the creation of MS Excel-based financial models for internal and external use. The position is an ideal entry-level role for someone looking to work closely with more senior team members to develop analytical skills and gain experience.
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
• Bachelor’s degree from a rigorous quantitative, finance/business, or engineering degree program
• Must have an ability to rapidly assimilate and synthesize information
• Excellent time management, organization, and oral and written communication skills
• Must be a self-starter, fast learner, strong individual contributor, and team player
• Must have familiarity with MS Excel
• Must have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and readily adapt to changing priorities
• Source, compile, synthesize, and summarize data on market share, solar incentives, utility pricing, competitive product offerings, and addressable market demographics for incorporation into pricing models and strategy via online research and information requests
• Assist in existing and new market analysis through investigation of competitive offerings and market share, incentive offerings, and financial products for residential solar
• Assist in making changes to the price or product offerings in Direct Energy Solar’s Salesforce based configure price quoting platform.
• Support the maintenance and improvement of key metrics for analyzing project performance and profitability through data acquisition and manipulation
• Provide data inputs to support Business Development RPF submissions for group buy/bulk purchasing programs and BD partnerships
• Contribute to the improvement of Direct Energy Solar’s SREC portfolio management using external and internal data sets
• Compile data necessary to deliver regular feedback to Sales, Marketing, and Operations Departments on portfolio performance metrics across numerous dimensions including geography, product, employee, lead source, and program/promotional offerings
• Other tasks as assigned by the Manager of Product Development.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Additional Website Text