Job DescriptionDE Business is the largest commercial and industrial retailer in North America
based on customer numbers. It provides natural gas and electricity sales to
small, medium and large-size businesses, public institutions, and government.
- JD degree from ABA accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law in at least one US state
- Minimum of 5 years working in a large law firm or similar corporate legal function
- Ability to handle multiple contracts and requests
- Emphasis on work related to the energy field
- Proven ability to negotiate and draft non-standard contracts that address complex and difficult issues
- Working knowledge of wholesale and retail electricity and natural gas markets a plus
- Provide legal support and advice to NA Business, one of the largest wholesale and retail electricity and natural gas suppliers in North America.
- Draft, review and negotiate complex retail and wholesale commodity contracts
- Delivering legal services for other transactions and projects as may be assigned
- Provide independent hands-on counsel to business partners on a wide range of legal issues.
- Being able to provide high quality legal service to a business with high contract and transactional volume demands and quick turn-around times driven by market forces.
- Set daily priorities for workload, and ensure a work product consistent with company objectives and practices.
- Provide recommendations, as needed, on transactional risk and document standardization; identify and analyze complex legal and procurement related issues, draft key documents, present clear recommendations and minimize risk while simultaneously supporting company strategy.
- As assigned, support complex & innovative transactions, including M&A and effectively communicate with counterparties and advocate DE’s positions
- Independently manage the needs of internal clients in a timely manner
- Ability to handle multiple agreements concurrently and responding quickly to requests from internal clients
- Ability to identify and provide solutions to legal issues
- Ability to collaborate with a wide variety of teams to accomplish tasks
- Strong communicator who translates legal matters into concise and credible messages
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability