Internal Audit Manager – North America
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
Reporting to the Director of Internal Audit North America, this position is key for the delivery of the Audit Plan in Centrica. The Internal Audit Manager will be expected, with the help and support of the Audit Director, to navigate the business environment through the development of a strong network of stakeholders across the different lines of business.
The Internal Audit Manager will utilize their audit skills to perform activities relative to the project management process including initiating, planning, executing, and closing audit files and reports. Specific responsibilities include assisting with completing appropriate risk assessments to establish the annual internal audit plan, coordinating/leading the audits through the use of senior auditors, clearing audit issues/gaps with senior stakeholders, and finalizing the internal audit reports and memos for issuance. The candidate will also audit operational processes, and will assist in performing project risks and implementation engagements.
This role will be based in Houston, Texas as part of the North America Internal Audit team and will require flexibility to travel within North America and occasionally to the UK (maximum travel up to 15%).
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Management Information Systems, and/or other related major.
- Good understanding of industry frameworks and standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - the ability to draft a report with minimal supervision
- Ability to function within a team and with limited supervision
- Strong people skills and the ability to interact with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact and professionalism
- Ability to quickly learn new processes and procedures
- Demonstrated track record and integrity within a professional environment
- Willingness to travel up to 15% domestically and internationally
- Prior public accounting experience a plus
- Experience in Energy Sector will be considered an asset
- Able to present in a clear and structured manner and communicate technical matters to a non-technical audience
- Flexible operating style - ability to juggle work and multi-task – getting into detail, but also able to maintain a big-picture perspective.
- Experience with data analytics utilizing tools such as Tableau, Power BI, ACL, IDEA, etc. is preferred
- Motivated individual with a desire for personal and professional development within the organization
- Provide independent assessment of the effectiveness of management's control environment through audit execution and continuous engagement with the business
- Plan and perform high quality reviews of key business processes and controls
- Prepare audit findings and recommendations and clear audit report timely with the business
- Review, approve, and ensure that audit findings are representative and work papers comprehensive and fully supported
- Actively lead and support the delivery of comprehensive audit reports with commercial insight to drive forward operational improvements
- Maintain effective communications with Management and other members of the global audit team to gain a thorough understanding of the Business's risk profile, core processes, and controls
- Perform special projects, investigations and other reviews as required
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability