Head of Data Analytics, DE&P
***This role will be based in Seattle, WA***
Following the strategy review in 2015 we believe Distributed Energy to be a material growth opportunity for Centrica. We therefore created a new Distributed Energy & Power (DE&P) business unit. (Distributed energy - energy management for large business customers - includes energy efficiency, flexible generation, new technologies, energy management and optimisation).
The role will be operating in a new business, which delivers to our commercial and industrial customers worldwide. The business will provide leading edge distributed energy solutions with a full value chain offering, including consultation, solution design, implementation, O+M, optimisation and financing of distributed energy, efficiency and building management products.
The jobholder will be responsible for setting the global strategy and vision and establishing business intelligence capabilities across the DE&P in order to create commercial value and competitive advantage through data and information.
The role will establish and own the relationship with relevant technology providers and will work in partnership with Centrica IS and cross-functionally within DE&P to establish capability and the use of the latest data analytics tools and techniques.
This individual will be a key member of the Technology & Product Development team and will have a significant role in building and maintaining world class data analytics and business intelligence for the Distributed Energy & Power business.
- Require Master degree or equivalent on computer science, mathematics, or engineering.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develops and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Proven ability to manage complex vendor, supplier, sub-contractor relationships.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community.
- Strong experience in building and supporting data science/analytics/big data business cases.
- Experience in energy industry advantageous but not essential.
- Extensive experience and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes.
- Experience of agile software development advantageous.
- A solid understanding of key BI and data analytics trends.
- A solid understanding of the BI vendor landscape.
- A solid understanding of leading edge technologies and best practices for big data.
- Good knowledge of data science, statistical analysis, data mining and machine learing algorithms.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Single global point of accountability for Business Intelligence across DE&P including but not limited to: Data capture and integration, reporting, analytics and exploration, predictive analytic, machine learning, etc.
- Establish and execute a vision for the delivery of information and analytics platforms and solutions to the business’ key stakeholders and that transforms DE&P into a company that differentiates itself through information and analytics.
- Generate commercial value from data and information and finding ways to leverage existing data and information from customer and merchant assets and associated products and services
- Management and development of key technology provider relationships including commercial negotiation of contracts, licenses and support at a global DE&P level
- Develop a technology roadmap for data analytics and business intelligence systems across the DE&P business ensuring appropriate governance over change and introduction of new technologies
- Manage the integration of new and legacy systems across the D&P business in partnership with Centrica IS with accountability for relevant implementation projects