Senior Financial Analyst, Home (Commercial)
Direct Energy is a leading energy and energy-related services provider with nearly five million residential and commercial customers in North America. Direct Energy provides customers with choice and support in managing their energy costs through a portfolio of innovative products and services. A subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies, Direct Energy operates in 50 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 provinces in Canada. To learn more about Direct Energy, please visit www.directenergy.com.
This Financial Analyst role is a key member of the NA Home finance team and business partner to Direct Energy’s residential customer-focused commercial business. Responsibilities include monthly forecasting of revenue and gross margin for multiple product lines, support for semi-annual planning and budgeting processes and analysis of month end results. In addition, the individual will be responsible for maintaining and creating models and analytics to understand operational activity, product margins, revenue and other key metrics associated with the product lines supported.
This role will require an understanding of financial, operational and strategic direction and initiatives of the product lines and the commercial business as a whole. The individual must understand the business and be able to effectively articulate to senior leaders.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter that enjoys working in a fast paced environment, has strong business acumen, practices excellent communication and listening skills, is process oriented, possesses a high degree of intellectual curiosity, and has a superior finance/accounting foundation.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business, or CFA or MBA
- 5+ years professional experience with financial planning, model design and development
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong sense of urgency and proven capability to work within short deadlines
- Ability to manage competing concerns whilst still delivering excellent customer service
- Strong commercial acumen and analytical skills with the ability to process information from a variety of sources, understand the key insights and develop well thought out recommendations
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision
- An effective communicator with strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of BOBJ, BPC, SAP and/or Microsoft Dynamics a plus
- Experience with annuity products a plus
- Develop and maintain financial models that support forecasting, planning and business decisions
- Consolidate and analyze weekly and monthly financial and non-financial data
- Partner with the business and Home FP&A team to understand monthly variances to budget/forecast Plan
- Develop monthly management reporting that balances the needs of finance and our business partners
- Present monthly and YTD results and variance analysis to the business leadership
- Provide financial support for ad hoc projects and initiatives