HWA - Authorization Rep
The focus of this position is to insure our service providers and customers are taken care of in a timely, efficient and courteous manner. It is to also to work with, and through others. This person will build and maintain relationships with service providers and customers while working closely and accurately within the established guidelines of the position. Our ideal candidate is an effective communicator; someone who is able to stimulate, motivate, and engage our service providers and customers while being aware of, and responsive to, their needs and concerns. This person must be friendly, professional, and genuinely interested in the needs of our service providers and customers while maintaining a positive and proactive approach to the position’s established guidelines and goals. A persuasive, teaching style of communication is required to communicate effectively with your service providers, customers, and peers. Since the nature of our phone calls is time-sensitive, the work must be done in a timely manner, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and customer service. In addition, as the needs of the business dictate, there will be sharing of staff between Authorizations and Customer Service to facilitate demand spikes in calls to and from both service providers and customers.
- Education required to competently achieve responsibilities:
- High School Diploma or GED required; some college preferred.
Work experience required to competently achieve responsibilities:
- Previous mechanical/technical experience a plus.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of previous call center experience within a customer facing environment preferred.
- Must be socially focused with a “How can I help you?” attitude.
- Prefers to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a proficient, accurate, and effective note taker.
- Persuasive, “selling” (rather than “telling”), communication style a plus.
- Strong desire to work within a team oriented environment with high level of collaboration and teamwork
- Type 30+ WPM, and ability to navigate through several internet based applications.
- Proficient in Windows-based computer programs with excellent navigation skills.
- Dependable and punctual in assigned work schedule required.
- Inbound call center environment from service providers and current internal and external customers nationwide; additional admin/clerical duties; outbound follow-up with service providers and customers with outstanding questions/concerns.
- Facilitating the scheduling of service appointments between service providers and customers in a timely, professional manner.
- Negotiating and processing buyouts directly with customers.
- Receive service provider repair info, record in claim notes and provide coverage/repair decision.
- Provide resolution to service provider and customer concerns, deescalate concerns by providing professional, courteous, and clear communication of repairs and warranty information.
- Route misdirected and supervisor calls accordingly based on customer needs.
- Responsible for establishing rapport with service providers and new and existing customers..
- Enlisting non-contracted service providers to perform repairs for HWA customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA