Regional Manager - Origination & Producer Services
Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodities and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000+ employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE:CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider and leading the transition to a low carbon society.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5-years work experience in natural gas mid marketing, origination and trading.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of financial products, physical pipeline flows throughout the US and structured transactions.
- Existing strong relationships with key counterparties a significant plus (i.e. producers, pipelines, storage operators, etc.).
***This role can be based in either Houston, TX or Iselin (Central) New Jersey***
The Regional Manager originates, structures, and negotiates energy commodity deals with producers in the Gulf Coast/ Southeast and Mid-Continent regions of the US. This individual’s focus is to build and establish relationships with natural gas producers with the intent to profitable grow flow business as well as execute structured transactions (i.e. asset management arrangements, capacity related transactions, etc.). The ideal candidate is able to utilize a strong working knowledge of the US physical and financial natural gas markets to structure transactions to meet the producers’ needs, generate profits as well as to capture arbitrage opportunities. He or she must have an understanding and working knowledge of the natural gas infrastructure within the specific regions, including pipeline flows, production and storage assets, and factors that impact/ affect commodity prices.
- Established customer relationships and proven ability to work with traders, credit and risk management to create products designed to meet the needs of the producers.
- Proven track record of negotiation and transactional skills in wholesale commodity and a strong knowledge of contract structures.
- Strong analytical skills as well as the ability to communicate and build long term business relationships.
- Working knowledge of the pipeline grid and natural gas flows within the Gulf Coast/ Southeast and Mid-Continent regions.
- Capitalize off of existing relationships to negotiate complex structured deals and transportation strategies.
- Establish new business relationships with producers.
- Collaborate with traders to generate and grow profit margins and increase flow business with producers.
- Evaluate and pursue higher value added deal structures with producers (capacity releases (transportation/ storage), asset management arrangements, supplies with embedded optionality, etc.).
- Evaluate and provide natural services for LNG capacity holders.
- Work with contracts and credit to negotiate contracts/ guarantees with potential counterparties
- Back-up origination activities in other region as needed.
- Work with other Direct Energy staff to effectively maximize the company’s position and strategy in the market, including participation in market regulatory and policy directions.
- Comply with all laws and regulations as well as internal Direct Energy policies.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability