Solar Installer Lead
We’re Direct Energy Solar—the leading residential solar specialist in the country; a believer of change, technology, and goodwill; an enthusiast for renewable energy and a greener planet.
Direct Energy Solar was built to enhance sustainability, reduce the carbon footprint, and lower the reliance on fossil fuels. Within six years we’ve grown to 350 employees and completed more than 3,000 installations across 12 states. With rapid growth and expansion slated for 2015, a career at Direct Energy Solar offers immense opportunities for you to make a tremendous impact.
The Solar Installer Lead is an integral member of the installation crews, who are responsible for installing residential solar photovoltaic (PV) systems. The Solar Installer Lead is responsible for leading a crew of three to five installers from start to finish and maintaining a positive and safe work environment.
- Passionate. You have a high level of energy, motivation, drive, enthusiasm, initiative, commitment and professionalism. You don't get overwhelmed easily. You are extremely keen to learn more about everything from others.
- Driven. You are looking to join a team that is passionate, engaging, and energetic about solar energy, Mother Nature, and working outside. You understand what it takes to get the job done; you are a ninja when it comes to grinding away at issues and finding a resolution.
- Flexible. You're willing to help out wherever needed and wear numerous hats in doing so. You are versatile enough to be an exceptional team player as well as an effective individual contributor.
- Fun. You're a charismatic, gregarious individual who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, courageous, and enthusiastic about making the world a cleaner place for everyone.
- Manage a crew of three to five installers at a time.
- Train all Solar Installers on all aspects of the job including safety requirements.
- Install, maintain, and repair the racking, panels, and stand offs for photovoltaic solar systems.
- Install, maintain, and repair the mechanical/structural mounting of racking, modules and electrical equipment.
- Properly flashing all roof penetrations.
- String configurations for solar arrays and run electrical DC wires to inverters.
- Organize and maintain system components in warehouses, company trucks, and at job sites.
- Document completion of completed installation.
- Clean up job sites.
- Attend mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology and safety.
- Have the rare opportunity to help save the planet.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a Solar Lead.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Solar Installer.
- Strategic mindset - you’re comfortable thinking a few steps ahead of where the team is now; use time efficiently and make critical decisions.
- Physical mobility of upper and lower body.
- Ability to handle frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Willingness to work long hours when necessary, to reach goals.
- Capability to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in extreme environments (example: heat, snow, rain, wind, etc).
- Willingness and capability to climb ladders, stairs, and work on rooftops.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks.
- Capable to lift 50 lbs of weight frequently throughout assigned workday.
- Superb customer service skills - a high level of professionalism and a positive demeanor is a MUST.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid state driver’s license.
- Pristine driving record (for example - no DUI within the last 5 years).
- Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record check, and drug screen.
- North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) certification preferred.
The IndividualDirect Energy and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability