Assistant Commercial Manager
Assistant Commercial Manager
Rathbone Place, London
Salary; Competitive + bonus & excellent benefits
Hi, we're Connected Home.
Set up by British Gas in 2012, our mission is to use technology to revolutionise the way we control our home. We have developed a range of innovative, simple to use products and services that help you sync your home with your life.
Our brand Hive, By British Gas underlines our commitment to bring new innovative products and services to market helping make home smarter. Already market leaders in remote heating control, we are now launching a pipeline of Hive products to give the customers greater control and connectivity in their home. Come and visit us at www.hivehome.com
In a nutshell
As Assistant Commercial Manager you’re at the heart of our team, supporting the Commercial team in delivering commercial value to the business through effective proposition development, channel activation and product launches. The Assistant Commercial Manager will use data, insight and judgment to create compelling business cases, support effective decision making and drive value for Connected Home and the wider British Gas business
So what are you accountable for?
- Work with the data team to develop appropriate management information and monitoring
- Support the performance across multiple Hive sales channels including accurate reporting, providing supporting Hive materials, and ongoing relationship management for specific channels
- Support the creation of pricing and propositions, as well go to market strategy for the Hive new product pipeline
- Manage the development and delivery of the promotional calendar
- Develop customer sales journeys for internal and external channels, including systems development, communications journey requirements and customer pain points
- Support the commercial team in developing both British Gas and Connected Home commercial strategy
- Working as part of the broader Connected Home Commercial team and activities as required
To be brilliant in this role you’re someone who:
- Is highly commercially astute and able to use data, insight and judgment to support effective decision making
- Practical and logical approach to delivery
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence and drive the performance of others
- Good understanding of how to optimise sales performance
- Has a visible passion for Connected Home technology and growing the product category
- Is adaptable to change. Both Hive and this role will constantly evolve
The small print:
- Reporting to Commercial Manager, British Gas Connected Home
- Based in London with travel across the UK and Staines to British Gas Head Office
We’re the team behind Hive Active Heating. Set up by British Gas in 2012, we were given a simple mission: to make the connected home a reality for everyone. We’re here to give you more control over their lives and homes and we’re passionate about providing technology products and services that let our customers control and connect with their homes wherever they are.
We launched our brand Hive, by British Gas in September 2013 along with our first product Hive Active Heating which lets you control your heating and hot water from your mobile, tablet or laptop. We’ve also launched MyEnergy, a product that provides customers with helpful insight into their energy consumption.
Now, less than 2 years later, we’re really proud of how far we’ve come. With over 150,000 customers Hive is UK’s No.1 connected thermostat, and with our range of products and innovations we continue to go from strength to strength.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing Assistant Commercial Manager R9915772 in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.