The Field Optimisation team will look from one end of UK Field Operations (UKFO) to the other identifying and realising opportunities to unlock the full potential of our 15,000 strong field force to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
The Field Optimisation team will place a strong focus on how we can drive efficiencies – how do we get rid of what can get in the way of our engineers doing a brilliant job – and how can we be more effective - give our people the tools and support they need to get the job done better.
- Scope Proof of Concept trials that facilitate the selection of technology solutions in a test-and-learn process • Build, analyse and prioritise business requirements
- Manage third parties in the delivery of trials and technology solution development
- Support the process of Innovation vendor selection
- Provide user experience insight in the use of field and office technology
- Support the implementation of systems and system changes in order to deliver identified business benefits
- Project manage technology deliverables, within time and to budget, satisfying customer and business requirements, through the use of project management methodologies
This role can be based in any of the following offices - Stockport, Leicester or Leeds
- Delivery of technology projects within UKFO ensuring they are delivered to the agreed quality standard, and within the specified constraints of cost, time and benefit
- Assist delivery of the cost/benefit analysis, development, testing and implementation of a UKFO systems • Manage business requirement gathering, prioritisation and analysis with stakeholders and cross-functional teams e.g. UK Change, Centrica IS
- Accountable for the delivery of key project milestones
- Supports the Innovation Manager in defining the critical success factors for technology trials • Follow defined project management methodology and governance
- Build and maintain relationships and to work with other business areas (for example centralised teams) to deliver the necessary level of support and change to the business
- Support project delivery by ensuring awareness and involvement to facilitate ongoing support of solutions
- Manage operational and regulatory risks, escalating as appropriate
- Strong Analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Stands back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Relishes a challenging context remaining focused, composed and optimistic
- Is an empathic listener and is able to provide sincere, balanced, constructive feedback to colleagues and team members
- Credible, trustworthy and able to inspire and motivate other people to contribute to, accommodate and deliver business improvements
- Excellent organisational skills
- Demonstrate technical understanding project changes and skilled at ensuring the requirements, budget and timescales are effectively managed
- Is able to influence those around them (including senior managers)
- Good interpersonal skills and able to negotiate and deal with conflict effectively
- Great problem solving skills
- Ability to prepare (or help prepare) business cases to translate operational improvements into financial benefits
- Self motivated and adaptable in project delivery
- Understanding of operating within Financial Conduct Authority regulated environment and effective delivery of both commercial and regulatory objectives
- Suitable technical qualifications.
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: Innovation Analyst R9915819’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.