Junior Mobile (Front End) Developer
Junior Mobile (Front End) Developer - The Overview:
PH Jones, part of British Gas, is a provider of Gas Central Heating Service, Repair and Installations to the Social Housing market. As part of Centrica Plc you will be part of a multinational FTSE 50 organisation with global energy operations throughout UK, Europe and North America.
We are now looking for an Junior Front End Mobile Developer to join our team and help drive and improve our existing systems to be in line with our Global Centrica Business
- Location: Liverpool (Runcorn -WA7)
- Competitive salary - Plus benefits including share save scheme, company pension, healthcare benefits and employee discounts
We are looking for someone that is passionate about coding and programming to join the Application Management team and evolve our platforms and systems. Besides the following tasks below we are looking for someone who we will trust to face off to our wider Centrica business and show the right behaviours to be eventually put in charge of large projects:
- Interaction with our Clients and their IS departments as you develop new and improved ways of interfacing between Clients and PH Jones using ETL processes
- Spending time with the PH Jones teams to understand the usage and impacts of the system to the field teams and develop and test enhancements that will improve the system and keep it current
- Reactive (business as usual) incident work, company project work and time is also reserved for developing your own ideas and concepts to deliver entrepreneurial solutions
- Manage the day to day tasks and issues via the incident management process
- Support the roll out and deployment of new technologies
- Publishing supporting documentation to assist staff with requests for information
- Work on company projects as part of a project team
Ideally you will have the majority of the skills below but if you are lacking some we would still like to see what you have to offer us. This is a perfect opportunity for a recent graduate but if you have a passion for development but have never been to university we would still like to speak to you
- Passion for programming and Mobile Development
- Ability to work across a highly matrixed global organisation and show the right behaviours to present to senior leadership when required
- Degree within Computer Science or hands on experience
- Mobile/App Development
- Experience in MVC
- Experience in ASP.net C# (.net 3.5 and above)
- Experience in C#
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Experience with a Dependency Injection Framework Ideally, we’d also like you to have these technical skills but they are not essential
- UI Frameworks (Bootstrap)
- Experience with bug tracking software
- Knowledge of SignalR as we are looking to possibly implement this
- ORMs (Entity Framework, nHibernate..etc)
- Understanding of Patterns and Practices (Builder Pattern, Unit of Work Pattern)
- Unit Testing"Mocking Frameworks (nUnit, Moq..etc)
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing 'Update required: Junior Mobile (Front End) Developer R9914003' in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com