UKFO Impact Assessor
The Field Optimisation team will look from one end of UK Field Operations (UKFO) to the other identifying and realising opportunities to unlock the full potential of our 15,000 strong field force to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
The Field Optimisation team will place a strong focus on how we can drive efficiencies – how do we get rid of what can get in the way of our engineers doing a brilliant job – and how can we be more effective - give our people the tools and support they need to get the job done better.
The Impact Assessor will translate incoming demand from the UK Change Plan into required Business Readiness/Delivery model confirmation. This role is key to ensuring the Quality Gate for the delivery teams within Business Readiness is maintained & topics are triaged & allocated accordingly. This is an impact management role that ensures the operating functions are supported in delivery of the change plan, future technology & commercial strategy
This role is based in our Stockport office
- Link with key functional & delivery teams across Field Operations to ensure headline programme areas have a shared vision & purpose in creating the ‘future state’ strategic blueprint
- Accountable for acting as the quality gate for all Business Readiness resource requests from UK Change/Customer Operations deployments
- Create and maintain a set definition framework for managing new requests for resource & in assessing the scale & applicability of the request within Business Readiness/Optimisation
- Work closely with the Receiving Managers, Business Readiness Managers and Delivery Leads in completing impact assessments
- Work with the UKFO Change Contention team to understand the wider landscape & to confirm the assessment outputs against future delivery resource/capacity
- To work with the UKFO Change Contention team to ensure effective prioritisation and allocation of resource within the context of business priorities – strategic and tactical
- Work with Continuous Improvement colleagues and Operational and UK Change Teams to understand the implications of project proposals & the controls required to deploy them
- Ensure that information is available for inclusion into steering groups and is responsible for running these sessions as required
- Collaborate with Field Operations and Customer Operations colleagues as required
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Good knowledge of the operational processes & systems of UKFO
- Ability to prioritise, plan, manage and deliver timely and effective business readiness projects • Subject matter expertise on change and business readiness
- Positive, constructive and pragmatic approach to business readiness with an emphasis on collaboration and good execution
- Understand our internal customers and find cost effective and consistent ways to meet their needs
- Ensuring that the agreed objectives and the actual outcomes are achieved and understood, and that lessons from experience are learned
- Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them
- Stands back from the detail to expose new possibilities in a positive way by challenging assumptions and encouraging positive debate
- Experienced in working with change methodologies such as Prince
- A background in a customer focused environment, ideally with engineers in the field
- Experience of influencing senior stakeholders across the business to develop and/or deliver business initiatives
- An understanding of the drivers of operational excellence and great customer service
- Understanding of regulatory, quality, safety & other statutory requirements relevant to the industry and service
British Gas, part of the Centrica Group, supplies gas and electricity to UK residential and business customers, provides central heating and gas appliance installation and maintenance and low-carbon and energy efficient products and services.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button. Please upload your cover letter and CV as one document.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button. To request an update on this role, or if you have any problems uploading your CV please email firstname.lastname@example.org typing ‘Update required: UKFO Impact Assessor R9915806’ in the subject title.
Agencies: Centrica operate a preferred supplier arrangement, however if you wish to be considered at the next review session please submit a brief overview of your capability to PSL@centrica.com.